What's new

Disconnects on AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adambean

Regular Contributor
Hey all,

After some support received here in the past, my routers (GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300, RT-AC66U B1 - with wired backhaul) have been rock solid for quite some time. Finally gave up on bailing on the system as things were ... perfect for several months.

As of late, we're regularly running into disconnects (phones, smart speakers, IoT devices, etc.) and not always reconnecting. I've got all three on latest firmware, but problems still persist.

Generally speaking (minus a few stragglers), all my IoT stuff is on 2.4 with all others being 5/wired.

I'm not entirely sure on how to read the system log, but hoping you can see something worthwhile in the attached logged and/or have any suggestions on what to look at?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Asus Log.txt
    380.5 KB · Views: 243
Man, it's getting worse. My phones and laptops just randomly disconnect far too frequently. I've made no changes minus upgrading firmware (in an effort to fix the issue).

Seems to only be wireless, wired are working great.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
roll back to the last good known firmware that worked for you and do a factory reset after that and use a fresh setup . the last asus firmwares seems like a hit and miss.

I am super confused now. I took the ac66u offline thinking that was the culprit. Post that, a few Google homes and wemos have gone offline.

Odd thing is, Google works just fine on 5ghz but won't connect on 2.4. Wemo only works on 2.4 and won't connect at all.

These damn routers continue to be painful. Sounds like a factory reset is about the only viable option. Just a PITA naming all 80+ devices all over again...