What's new

amtm disk_check.mod syntax error prevents AMTM from running

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SSovets

Occasional Visitor
Since a while I can't run AMTM, I get the following error:
Code:
/usr/sbin/amtm: /jffs/addons/amtm/disk_check.mod: line 7: syntax error: unexpected newline
I tried replacing the file, it didn't work. Tried reinstalling AMTM with the curl command (without uninstalling) - it just opens it, with the same error. Hoped upgrading to the new Merlin firmware would help, but it didn't.

Any idea how to fix this without reinstalling everything?

Remove any USB devices from the router and format the USB drive you want to use with amtm on a PC with the NTFS file format before you insert it back into the router (after completing the steps below).

Remove the RT-AC68U AiMesh node via the GUI. Leave it until the indicated step below to re-connect it.

Check the box to 'Format the JFFS partition on the next boot...' in the GUI. Make sure you hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page afterward.

Reboot the router via the GUI 3 times in the next 15 minutes. Waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.

If you now ssh into the router, you should see a working amtm menu.

If you do, insert the USB drive you want to use with amtm and use the link below (if needed) to properly set it up.

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421
(Note that amtm doesn't need to be 'installed' if using RMerlin 384.15_0 or later).

At this point, you can add the AiMesh node back to the network.

If amtm still isn't working, you may want to try the formatting steps again. And if that still doesn't work, then I would suggest the following link to fully reset the router.

Fully Reset Router and Network

Have you simply tried deleting that file and letting amtm reinstall it when it needs to?
Code:
rm /jffs/addons/amtm/disk_check.mod
Thanks, that's exactly the solution I was looking for! Didn't know it could be that simple.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!