What's new

Diversion Diversion 4.3.3 - the Router Ad-Blocker, released April 02 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As soon as I’m ready I will need a handful of beta testers to find bugs, typos and inconsistencies.
I’ll add you to the beta testers list.
I'd be willing to assist as well.

As soon as I’m ready I will need a handful of beta testers to find bugs, typos and inconsistencies.
I’ll add you to the beta testers list.
If you need any more testers, I’d be willing.

Hello, could you explain to me how option number 7 "LAN blocking IP address" from the blocking list menu works, I don't understand how it works and I can't find information in the fun manual, thanks @thelonelycoder

Attachments

• IMG_20230826_095620.jpg
    IMG_20230826_095620.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 61
Hello, could you explain to me how option number 7 "LAN blocking IP address" from the blocking list menu works, I don't understand how it works and I can't find information in the fun manual, thanks @thelonelycoder
The niche feature “LAN blocking IP address” is for those individuals who run a pixelserv-tls instance on a separate machine for convenience or better performance instead of the default router installed version.
I’m not sure how many ever used that feature but I coded it for this specific reason upon request.

It will no longer be available with the next Diversion release as I abandon support for pixelserv-tls completely and blocking is via Dnsmasq NXDOMAIN instead of an IP.

The niche feature “LAN blocking IP address” is for those individuals who run a pixelserv-tls instance on a separate machine for convenience or better performance instead of the default router installed version.
I’m not sure how many ever used that feature but I coded it for this specific reason upon request.

It will no longer be available with the next Diversion release as I abandon support for pixelserv-tls completely and blocking is via Dnsmasq NXDOMAIN instead of an IP.

Thank you for answering so quickly, I understand the function, thank you

Hi,
I'm new around here and not sure if this is the right place to ask. A couple of months ago I added Diversion to my Asus Merlin firmware. It has been working really well. I had to add a couple of domains to the whitelist initially and all worked fine. I am having trouble with on particular domain. For any Australian users it is "SBS on demand". I have tried researching the issue but didn't come up with much. This is a free to air TV streaming website. I have tried adding the domain to the whitelist several times and also even some on the subdomains. It doesn't allow me to access the site for some reason (comes up with warning saying ad blocker is blocking it). When I turn off diversion it works fine. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening?

Hi,
I'm new around here and not sure if this is the right place to ask. A couple of months ago I added Diversion to my Asus Merlin firmware. It has been working really well. I had to add a couple of domains to the whitelist initially and all worked fine. I am having trouble with on particular domain. For any Australian users it is "SBS on demand". I have tried researching the issue but didn't come up with much. This is a free to air TV streaming website. I have tried adding the domain to the whitelist several times and also even some on the subdomains. It doesn't allow me to access the site for some reason (comes up with warning saying ad blocker is blocking it). When I turn off diversion it works fine. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening?
Have you tried following the log while attempting to access the site … to see what other addresses are blocked at the same time? Sometimes there are behind the scenes/under the hood blocks that, when not whitelisted, break the site. (Ad counters etc.)

No I haven't tried this. I was wondering though whether it was something like that. I had come across a post saying that that if you whitelisted pubads.g.doubleclick.net then it would work but it didn't. It was an old post though. Can I be stupid and ask what you mean by follow the log? Do you mean use a browser add-on?

Exclude device from ad-blocking question.
I want to exclude a Roku device from ad-blocking. From this FAQ, I will have 2 options

1. Simple way: use DNS Filtering but I couldn't find it. Where is this option in Merlin 3004.388.4?

2. Better way: The recommended reserved IP addresses (xxx.2 and xxx.3) are already being used by two mesh nodes. Can I use different IP address e.g., .100 to use with this option?

Thanks!

Exclude device from ad-blocking question.
I want to exclude a Roku device from ad-blocking. From this FAQ, I will have 2 options

1. Simple way: use DNS Filtering but I couldn't find it. Where is this option in Merlin 3004.388.4?

2. Better way: The recommended reserved IP addresses (xxx.2 and xxx.3) are already being used by two mesh nodes. Can I use different IP address e.g., .100 to use with this option?

Thanks!
Option 1 -' DNS filter' has been renamed 'DNS director'.

Hi, could someone pls explain, as for a total noob, how to install/activate AMTM & Diversion on an RTAX86U router? Cheers ...

I'm getting the following error when I try to run diversion:
/opt/bin/diversion: line 537: syntax error: unexpected "}" (expecting "fi")
I'm using an RT-AX88U (aarch64) FW-388.4

The file is corrupt. Run the full install command at the top of the page in the terminal from here: https://diversion.ch/diversion/installation.html
My whole USB drive apparently got corrupted.
Reformatted it in AMTM. (I hope the drive isn't going bad. But it succeeded.)
Ran the install command.
It detected a backup.
Installed from back up.
Everything is back up and running normally.
When I discovered the drive got corrupted I thought I would lose all my customizations, but everything is there.
Thank you TheLonelyCoder for making that process so easy. Kudos to you sir!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!