What's new

Diversion Diversion 5.1.2 - the Router Ad-Blocker, April 21, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Welcome
This is Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker for Asuswrt-Merlin

For more about Diversion check out the Diversion website.

What's new in this Diversion 5.1.2 patch release

- Fixes disappearing entries in the hostslist. Please run a manual update in the WebUI or SSH UI to check if this is the case for your installation after updating. Thanks @Rhialto and others for reporting.
- Now shows encountered blocking list update errors in the WebUI.
- A couple of logical corrections.

84apcxb9ad4.png

Diversion is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL-3.0).
If you like Diversion and find it useful, you can help its further development with a donation.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Updated AMTM & Diversion. All went seamlessly, only impact was the forced re-boot of the Router (GT-AXE16000). Thanks for all the amazing work on these products. Happy New Year and enjoy a drink (or two) on us (from the family).

I don't know whats going on or how or what to check but when I enable the Diversion ad blocker the whole internet connection on each device cuts out.

I don't know whats going on or how or what to check but when I enable the Diversion ad blocker the whole internet connection on each device cuts out.
What other third party scripts are installed?

Many thanks for 5.0.

Slight glitch after the message “Diversion requires the Entware repository installed. Enter ep …”

The pre-install checks were successfully passed, and then I was asked to select which device to install Enware to, with only one option (thankfully!) offered:

1. /tmp/mnt/AMTM

but, on selecting 1, I see:

“/tmp/mnt/AMTM has not passed the device test. Check if device is read and writable .”

(RT-AC68U 386.12.2)

Many thanks for 5.0.

Slight glitch after the message “Diversion requires the Entware repository installed. Enter ep …”

The pre-install checks were successfully passed, and then I was asked to select which device to install Enware to, with only one option (thankfully!) offered:

1. /tmp/mnt/AMTM

but, on selecting 1, I see:

“/tmp/mnt/AMTM has not passed the device test. Check if device is read and writable .”

(RT-AC68U 386.12.2)
It means what it says. That‘s all I can say.

Working sweet here, even with all my other add-ons.

I’m going to have to dig deeper into iOS 17 to remove the pixelserv cert…the GitHub link is a bit outdated or my pre-coffee brain isn’t “getting it” at the moment.
So by moving to dnsmasq nxdomain, does this mean unbound’s unresolved domain (I can’t remember the actual category name) count will go up? Does it also mean the GUI’s dnsmasq options are automatically activated/engaged?

Yes, chmod tells me it’s read only file system. I wiil go in with WinSCP later (because chmod u+rw /tmp/mnt/AMTM just tells me it’s read only)
SOLVED:

WinSCP showed that /tmp/mnt/AMTM was indeed readable, writable (and executable). I discovered I couldn’t access the web GUI (to reboot); but the SSH terminal was still connected, so, one reboot later, everything went perfectly and unlike it had first attempt.

The reboot was the solution.

Donation, by way of thanks for all your hard work, sent.

Thanks, Martin.

I’m going to have to dig deeper into iOS 17 to remove the pixelserv cert…the GitHub link is a bit outdated or my pre-coffee brain isn’t “getting it” at the moment.
So by moving to dnsmasq nxdomain, does this mean unbound’s unresolved domain (I can’t remember the actual category name) count will go up? Does it also mean the GUI’s dnsmasq options are automatically activated/engaged?
Ah yes, the outdated documentation.
1. Settings / General --> VPN & Device Management. Remove Pixelserv CA Profile. This seems to also remove step 2.
2. Settings / General / About --> scroll down --> Certificate Trust Settings. Revoke Pixelserv CA

Also see https://www.imore.com/how-remove-root-certificates-your-iphone-or-ipad

Last edited:
and getting rid of it (pixelserv) frees up an IP address, which may be important to some...so they can adjust their DHCP range

and getting rid of it (pixelserv) frees up an IP address, which may be important to some...so they can adjust their DHCP range
Which I did not mention as other Diversion services still use and require a reserved IP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!