What's new

Diversion Diversion ad blocking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

I have an Asus AC68U running Merlin 386.4. I installed AG and it is working fine. I then installed Diversion lite and it is not blocking any ads. From other posts, I can see the two co-operate fine. Is there anything in the lite install I could look for a solution?

thanks

Is there any reason why you install both that basically do the same thing? If you really want to try having installed both, you have to set your AGH upstream DNS server to your router ip address with port 553. For example 192.168.1.1:553. Note that DNS request that is already blocked by AGH will not hit diversion. You can temporarily disable AGH and let diversion do the ablock for you.

I have an Asus AC68U running Merlin 386.4. I installed AG and it is working fine. I then installed Diversion lite and it is not blocking any ads. From other posts, I can see the two co-operate fine. Is there anything in the lite install I could look for a solution?

thanks
They are not intended to work together. Diversion uses DNSMasq which effectively requires port 53, Adguardhome is using port 53 both cannot use the same port. And overlapping the connections would really bottle neck your pages loading and hinder router reasources important for keeping adguardhome active. i.e. choose one or the other. Not both.

Is there any reason why you install both that basically do the same thing? If you really want to try having installed both, you have to set your AGH upstream DNS server to your router ip address with port 553. For example 192.168.1.1:553. Note that DNS request that is already blocked by AGH will not hit diversion. You can temporarily disable AGH and let diversion do the ablock for you.
Also don't forget to mention the double caching issues that may happen.

I did not understand a lot I guess. Thanks, guys. I was hoping to still use Diversion for youtube ad blocking, however, you cannot have it all.

I did not understand a lot I guess. Thanks, guys. I was hoping to still use Diversion for youtube ad blocking, however, you cannot have it all.
There may be away you could leave it installed but point the Google video domains at it.

the forward would go inside your upstream section of adguardhome.

it would look something like this.

Code:
[/googlevideo.com/][::]:553

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!