What's new

Diversion Diversion issue with Amazon and bank app

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shira

Occasional Visitor
Sorry if this has been asked before, 370 pages in the main thread :oops:

Been using Diversion for years since the old project, and ever since the "move" I have problems using certain apps in my android phone if Diversion is on, specifically Amazon (it comes up with "something's failed") and my ING bank app won't let me log in. What could I do to get these working? Thanks

edit: I was able to find the blocked amazon domains with the dnsmasq option, and then the ING app seems to be accessing app-measurement.com, but even whitelisting that the app still doesn't work unless I turn pixelserv off.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before, 370 pages in the main thread :oops:

Been using Diversion for years since the old project, and ever since the "move" I have problems using certain apps in my android phone if Diversion is on, specifically Amazon (it comes up with "something's failed") and my ING bank app won't let me log in. What could I do to get these working? Thanks

edit: I was able to find the blocked amazon domains with the dnsmasq option, and then the ING app seems to be accessing app-measurement.com, but even whitelisting that the app still doesn't work unless I turn pixelserv off.
For Amazon you could try whitelisting according to this post http://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/post-426957

I have the following Amazon domains in my whitelist in addition to those hardcoded:

s3.amazonaws.com
amazonaws.com

For the bank, I suggest you use the search facility at the top right of this page (like I did) or use the Diversion menu f,4 procedure.

For Amazon you could try whitelisting according to this post http://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/post-426957

I have the following Amazon domains in my whitelist in addition to those hardcoded:

s3.amazonaws.com
amazonaws.com

For the bank, I suggest you use the search facility at the top right of this page (like I did) or use the Diversion menu f,4 procedure.
Hi, I was able to find out the specific Amazon domains to whitelist with the dnsmasq function and now it works, but the same didn't work for the ING bank app even though I whitelisted all the blocked entries, it still only works if I disable pixelserv-tls.

Hi, I was able to find out the specific Amazon domains to whitelist with the dnsmasq function and now it works, but the same didn't work for the ING bank app even though I whitelisted all the blocked entries, it still only works if I disable pixelserv-tls.
Thats weird, i have the ING bank application on my Android phone and that works without problems.
Never had to whitelist anything for it.
One application we have problems with is the banking application of the Rabobank, only works when PixelServ is disabed.
My guess is that the when using PixelServ a sort of man in the middle happens to inspect all the HTTPS requests and the bank doesnt accept the cert of the PixelServ.

Thats weird, i have the ING bank application on my Android phone and that works without problems.
Never had to whitelist anything for it.
One application we have problems with is the banking application of the Rabobank, only works when PixelServ is disabed.
My guess is that the when using PixelServ a sort of man in the middle happens to inspect all the HTTPS requests and the bank doesnt accept the cert of the PixelServ.
Maybe it's a different branch of ING, mine is Spain's one "ING DIRECT", I guess they use different servers.

Maybe it's a different branch of ING, mine is Spain's one "ING DIRECT", I guess they use different servers.
Ohh, sorry for that.
I assumed wrongly that you are Dutch.
Still think its because of the MiTM part of PixelServ that is causing the problem though as i have with my Dutch bank application.

just documenting this here in case I need it later. In addition to the domains mentioned in this thread (and the other amazon thread cited earlier), I had to add the following domains to get the amazon app to work:

mads.amazon.com
device-metrics-us.amazon.com
aan.amazon.com

I am currently white listing a total of 12 domains related to the amazon app. I don't know if all of these are required all the time, but the app did not start working again until I added the last domain.

The "follow dnsmasq.log" option is absolutely magical at finding the domains which are being blocked at a specific instant in time. this should work for the amazon app or any other service that diversion is breaking.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!