What's new

Diversion Diversion issue with Freevee aka ImdbTv

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Waverly934

New Around Here
Harry Bosh as returned in Bosch: Legacy, and it's now on Freevee aka IMDB tv instead of Amazon Prime.
I had never used Freevee before so I loaded it up on my Roku.
The app loads, menu works, but none of the content will play. When you click play, screen flashes, but other than that nothing. Simply remains on the episode selection page.
Google search for freevee broken, etc, no hits.
Turn off Diversion, play again, now it works.
Has anyone figured out what you need to whitelist in order to allow Freevee content to play?
The only way I'm aware of to disable Diversion is to SSH into the router and keyboard in the commands.
This is not easily done from mobile phone while I'm on the sofa about to watch something.
Are there any other ways to disable Diversion from browser in the Asus router web GUI?
Thanks

Last edited:
Harry Bosh as returned in Bosch: Legacy, and it's now on Freevee aka IMDB tv instead of Amazon Prime.
I had never used Freevee before so I loaded it up on my Roku.
The app loads, menu works, but none of the content will play. When you click play, screen flashes, but other than that nothing. Simply remains on the episode selection page.
Google search for freevee broken, etc, no hits.
Turn off Diversion, play again, now it works.
Has anyone figured out what you need to whitelist in order to allow Freevee content to play?
The only way I'm aware of to disable Diversion is to SSH into the router and keyboard in the commands.
This is not easily done from mobile phone while I'm on the sofa about to watch something.
Are there any other ways to disable Diversion from browser in the Asus router web GUI?
Thanks
Dont know about the gui, but Siri Shortcuts for Apple and ssh Button for Android can both log into an ssh session and send your command from your phone/tablet. You could have it execute commands inside Diversion meny, like (example from wgm):
Code:
echo -e "livin wg11 192.168.1.94\ne" | wg_manager

livin wg11 192.168.1.94 - is the command executed, change to your needs.
\n - this is the ENTER key to execute the command that has been printed.
e - a second command which exists wgm so we dont leave it running.
wg_manager - The command to start the menu program.

So change to start Diversion instead and put in the commands nessisary to disable it and assign to a Button on your screen. And another to enable it again.

You can make the output pretty also but it takes some more work.

So something like:
Code:
echo -e "d\n1\ne" | diversion
To have it press d [enter] 1 [enter] e. But never checked if y for confirmation is needed.

Edit: if you are an Apple user, everything you need is here, ready to be used:
https://diversion.ch/ios-shortcut.html

Last edited:
Can't you follow dmasq by the device IP (which is f - 4 I believe) and figure out what is causing the issue, then add that to the manual whitelist. No reason you should have to toggle Diversion off and on.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!