What's new

Diversion Diversion performance questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VanillaXtract

Occasional Visitor
I have tried to read up quite a bit and as I still see some ads, I would like to know if my performance is as expected. Here is my setup:
Diversion installed via amtm
Diversion standard
list: medium
router dns-based filtering on
filter mode: router
ca.crt installed
verified my computer is using the router as the DNS (ipv6 though)
When I go to AdBlock Tester: test your AdBlock extensions (adblock-tester.com) I get a score of 65 of 100.
dns on my computer is automatic.

Is this the level of performance I should expect?

Okay so visited that site, and I get a lower score (57) than you do, but I get so many failed tests that I'd not really trust the result.

It's worth noting that I'm more interested in blocking dangerous sites and spam adverts than blocking absolutely everything

uBlock Origin:

1663868386142.png

For comparison, no Diversion. Instead Pi-hole + Unbound and uBlock Origin on Brave:
adblockcheck.jpg

Try

Only 94% with whitelist in support of SNB ;)

No complaints here with Diversion. Does an excellent job for me.
That website is not geared towards DNS blockers like mine. I’m sure that testing Pi-hole with the same hosts list as Diversion will produce the same result.
Diversion is perfect for me and my needs, plus the extras that users requested.
I have no need for extra blockers on my devices.

That website is not geared towards DNS blockers like mine. I’m sure that testing Pi-hole with the same hosts list as Diversion will produce the same result.
Diversion is perfect for me and my needs, plus the extras that users requested.
I have no need for extra blockers on my devices.
Diversion works superbly here!

Last edited:
Try

Only 94% with whitelist in support of SNB ;)
On that website I got 73%.

It looks like ublock Origin is great, but I want something I can deploy to my whole network. Part of this was to determine if Diversion was working "as expected". If it is, then I need something better because some of the websites I visit still have popups and ads that show through.

Diversion works just fine for all network clients there's no need for individual browser blocker, for me actually there's one site I need ublock and that is when watching youtube.:D
I suppose to your point, it does work for all clients except one. So I will give ublock Origin a spin. Thanks to everyone who suggested it.

On that website I got 73%.

It looks like ublock Origin is great, but I want something I can deploy to my whole network. Part of this was to determine if Diversion was working "as expected". If it is, then I need something better because some of the websites I visit still have popups and ads that show through.

I suppose to your point, it does work for all clients except one. So I will give ublock Origin a spin. Thanks to everyone who suggested it.
No that's not what I said, I only turn on ublock when I watch youtube cause diversion can handle website ads. I don't know of other browsers but in edge you can set ublock to be on or off on sites you choose.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!