What's new

Diversion Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker v4.2.x (see new thread for 4.3.x)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How to update Diversion
Use u or the WebUI function to update to this latest version.

So don’t use the WebUI then?
Yours may be affected by the blacklist bug. The update fixes that but it takes time. The SSH Ui shows the progress and a hint that it might take a while longer.

Yours may be affected by the blacklist bug. The update fixes that but it takes time. The SSH Ui shows the progress and a hint that it might take a while longer.
just updated via ssh and it was speedy and smooth - no hinting to me on a quiet network.
Displeased with myself that I missed seeing this update notification earlier before I went to work

I see, there is a wildcard-blacklist.
Can I also wildcard-whitelist domains?

I see, there is a wildcard-blacklist.
Can I also wildcard-whitelist domains?
That feature is not available in Diversion.

Diversion 4.2.2 is now available

What's new
- Fixes a moderately severe blacklist file bug where it increases the file size with empty lines whenever IPv6 is enabled on the router.
Users affected by this bug may have experienced slow loading of the Diversion SSH UI and/or a failed start of Diversion after a reboot or whenever Dnsmasq was restarted.
Many thanks to @Adamm for reporting this with evidence here on GitHub
- Some minor fixes to increase stability.
- The swap file size options in sw are now the same as in amtm: 250 and 500 MB, 1, 2, 5 and 10 GB.

How to update Diversion
Use u or the WebUI function to update to this latest version.
I'm trying to install Diversion (new install, not an upgrade) via AMTM, but the installer exits and kicks me back to the AMTM menu with a "Diversion installation failed" error.

Is there a log file that can possibly provide more details on what may be causing the installer to exit and fail?

I'm not sure if this is a Diversion or AMTM issue. If it is a AMTM issue, I can repost this to the correct thread instead.

RT-AX68U
Asuswrt Merlin 386.4_0
AMTM 3.2.3

Last edited:
I'm trying to install Diversion (new install, not an upgrade) via AMTM, but the installer exits and kicks me back to the AMTM menu with a "Diversion installation failed" error.

Is there a log file that can possibly provide more details on what may be causing the installer to exit and fail?

I'm not sure if this is a Diversion or AMTM issue. If it is a AMTM issue, I can repost this to the correct thread instead.

RT-AX68U
Asuswrt Merlin 386.4_0
AMTM 3.2.3
Run that again, then scroll up in the terminal. Post what it says.

Run that again, then scroll up in the terminal. Post what it says.
As requested:

1644787295817.png

As you can see, it fails to give any sort of error message within the SSH session.

Indeed. I think my router went out for a coffee during the update process!:D
We got there in the end though…….

- The swap file size options in sw are now the same as in amtm: 250 and 500 MB, 1, 2, 5 and 10 GB.
Is there a write-up somewhere about the advantages/disadvantages of various swap sizes for the routers? I tried searching, but nothing useful came up outside redirecting me back to the new options. I know that 2GB is necessary for many scripts.

Is there a write-up somewhere about the advantages/disadvantages of various swap sizes for the routers? I tried searching, but nothing useful came up outside redirecting me back to the new options. I know that 2GB is necessary for many scripts.
2 GB is plenty for Skynet, Diversion and most other apps combined. Then, there’s Unbound that some users report uses more than that for some specific operations. Don’t ask, I don’t remember the specifics. I added the 5 and 10GB size option upon request.
Go with 2 GB, it will be sufficient for 97,5% of the use cases.

Does the update take long? It's the first time I've done an update and it's been on 10% for about 5-10mins.

Update:

Somehow missed the posts above, did it through SSH and it took about a minute with no issues :)

Last edited:
Does the update take long? It's the first time I've done an update and it's been on 10% for about 5-10mins.

Update:

Somehow missed the posts above, did it through SSH and it took about a minute with no issues :)
Great work, welcome to the forum.

@thelonelycoder
Would you be so kind and add the feature "wildcard-whitelist" to the next update?
Is "wildcard-whitelist" even possible in Diversion?
Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!