What's new

Diversion Diversion v other ad blocking options

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I tried Diversion quite a while ago, but now that we have other router-based options, I use those instead. My current setup uses Quad9 as the default, with AdGuard set for mobile phones. I use the uBlock Origin browser extension for Windows laptops on my network. I'm just curious as to how Diversion compares with the setup I have just described.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.jpg
    Screenshot 1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot 2.jpg
    Screenshot 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 189
Two years ago I switched from Diversion to NextDNS.
I was very satisfied with Diversion and its blocking of advertisement.
But NextDNS offers other very interesting features, like DNSSEC and TLS over HTTPS and much more. As far as blocking of ads I am subscribed to oisd blocklist through NextDNS and it is working perfectly.

Two years ago I switched from Diversion to NextDNS.
I was very satisfied with Diversion and its blocking of advertisement.
But NextDNS offers other very interesting features, like DNSSEC and TLS over HTTPS and much more. As far as blocking of ads I am subscribed to oisd blocklist through NextDNS and it is working perfectly.
I using Quad9 as my default DNS resolver with AdGuard for just some non-Windows devices. These are the settings I currently have.

Attachments

• Screenshot 3.jpg
    Screenshot 3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 236
Nothing works better than uBlock Origin, where available. If you want ad-blocking to what can't run uBlock Origin - just send the device to AdGuard DNS in DNSFilter. You get the same results without running any scripts. No USB stick required either.

Nothing works better than uBlock Origin, where available. If you want ad-blocking to what can't run uBlock Origin - just send the device to AdGuard DNS in DNSFilter. You get the same results without running any scripts. No USB stick required either.
Yes, that's what I thought. That was why I set things up like that and it seems to be working really well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!