What's new

Diversion & YazFi play well together?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaxysurfer

Regular Contributor
Will Diversion work on guest networks? I have created segregated Lans using YazFi. I have Rokus on its own network for privacy, but would like to use the capability of ad blocking on all subnets within my network. My understanding is that it will only work within the same group as ip 192.168.1.2. I am hoping there is a way to add all the 192.168.?.0/24 addresses in the mix.

Perhaps better suited to the YazFi thread, but yes they work together. If you specify the router's IP as the guest's DNS (or leave it blank since YazFi will default it to the router), then the guest will be able to harness Diversion and pixelserv-tls (if installed)

Okay was hoping for a solution for all subnets (main + guest) not just a specific ip range since I currently have 192.168.x.0 set up where x is 3 different options. I know it is taxing on the hardware, but it is a router after all. I wasn't sure if the pkg I needed to focus more on was the YazFi side or the Diversion side of things to get this configured correctly. I also have vpns as part of the mix.

Last edited:
Well, dnsmasq will already forward dns requests from your "main subnet" to Diversion by default, if you configure your router correctly per 'standard install'. Handling the vpn's usually just requires adding some routing rules, depending on your needs.

okay thanx. New to all this custom networking stuff. I guess I will just tinker till I get it right. I didnt like using Diversion since it caused my ip to be leaked. I am currently running with Nordvpn but may change once my subscription is up in a couple of months.

Just noticed this thread. Any further conclusions? I am also trying to get YazFi guest network to work with Diversion ad-blocks.
I am interested in the IP leaks you mentioned - was it IPv6 or IPv4?

Perhaps better suited to the YazFi thread, but yes they work together. If you specify the router's IP as the guest's DNS (or leave it blank since YazFi will default it to the router), then the guest will be able to harness Diversion and pixelserv-tls (if installed)
WebUI user7.asp does not allow to leave DNS blank, I will check if it can be removed manually from the config or just enter router IP.

WebUI user7.asp does not allow to leave DNS blank, I will check if it can be removed manually from the config or just enter router IP.
Just enter the router IP - blanks get auto populated on first run now so blank is no longer a valid option

Yes it looks that entering my router's IP twice is the only way.
By the way - auto populate might need some tweak in the future, this is what happened when I manually commented out DNSs and went to the UI - it guessed router's IP for this network correctly 10.10.8.1, just put it in the wrong place, display strangely shows 1.1.1.1 for this guest network.
#wl21_DNS1=10.10.8.11.1.1.1

By the way - auto populate might need some tweak in the future, this is what happened when I manually commented out DNSs and went to the UI - it guessed router's IP for this network correctly 10.10.8.1, just put it in the wrong place, display strangely shows 1.1.1.1 for this guest network.
Entering blanks in the config for all networks, populated or IPs nicely for me
wl21_DNS1=

don't comment lines.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!