What's new

DLNA observation, potential reason for recent complaints

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PabloAbonia

Regular Contributor
In reviewing my recent problems with my router, I noted multiple copies of my ASUS router and access points appearing as devices on my Windows 10 machine (See under "Devices an Printers"). At any one time only one copy for each device is active, while the other devices are grayed out.

The key observation is that they all have different UUIDs, which should not happen. Once set, it should not be changing.

It would suggest that miniDLNA is for some reason creating multiple copies of itself for no good reason.

Thoughts,

Pablo

In reviewing my recent problems with my router, I noted multiple copies of my ASUS router and access points appearing as devices on my Windows 10 machine (See under "Devices an Printers"). At any one time only one copy for each device is active, while the other devices are grayed out.

The key observation is that they all have different UUIDs, which should not happen. Once set, it should not be changing.

It would suggest that miniDLNA is for some reason creating multiple copies of itself for no good reason.

Thoughts,

Pablo
Firmware version?