What's new

Dns configuration DHCP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unetwork

Hi,
Following advice on this forum, I have just activated the "DNSFilter" function on "ON" and the "Global Filter Mode" on "Router" and left the other boxes empty.
However, what is the purpose of the option "Advertise router IP in addition to user specified DNS" In my case, should I enable it or disable it ? By default it seems to me that the function is enabled ?
I also use the DoT function.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
However, what is the purpose of the option "Advertise router IP in addition to user specified DNS" In my case, should I enable it or disable it ? By default it seems to me that the function is enabled ?
That option is completely redundant unless you have entered an address into DNS Server 1 and/or 2. When DNS Server 1 and 2 are left empty the router always advertises itself as the DNS regardless of whether that option is set to Yes or No.

That option is completely redundant unless you have entered an address into DNS Server 1 and/or 2. When DNS Server 1 and 2 are left empty the router always advertises itself as the DNS regardless of whether that option is set to Yes or No.
Thank you for your quick answer.
I understand, so in my case, I leave this default option ON since my DNS servers 1 and 2 are empty.
Many thanks for your help in general. This forum is warm !

Thank you for your quick answer.
I understand, so in my case, I leave this default option ON since my DNS servers 1 and 2 are empty.
Many thanks for your help in general. This forum is warm !
No, leave it off. That is the default.

Strange when I do a WPS reset, the value remains "ON" by default (AX88U)
In my case and my configuration, should I really put it on OFF ?
As reported in several posts, the WPS reset or Hard Factory Default Reset does not always work for the AX86U. I have experienced this several times. I use the reset and initialize in Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting. I seems to work for me.

OOPS! I was wrong. The default is Yes or in your case Oui. Pardon.

OOPS! I was wrong. The default is Yes or in your case Oui. Pardon.
ah, that reassures me ! thank you very much :)
I am using an AX88U and not an RT-AX86U.
So I will leave the default value on "ON" in this case, thanks for your advice.

Concerning the Reset WPS method, does it work as badly for the AX88U ?
It seems to me that it has always worked well for me...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!