What's new

DNS over HTTP on Asus Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looks like DoH is already coming to Stubby

They said that at least 1-2 years ago, and right now, there is not a single line of code related to that on their development github. So I wouldn't hold my breath, it will probably take a developer actually interested in working on this specific feature for it to happen. In any case, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Does that include NextDNS?

Yes. It requires a USB disk to be able to install the Go interpreter and all of the required dependencies to execute the code, as it's implemented in interpreted Go rather than compiled C.

The entire stubby code takes only 339 KB of space in the firmware image (actually a bit less since the image is compressed).

I don't think it's a "false hope of being hidden". DoH is TCP traffic and just looks like all other HTTPS traffic so it can't be blocked by port like DoT making it easier to implement and trouble shoot... you never have to wonder if your HTTPS is being blocked right?

It's actually very easy to block DoH servers. Just block all access to port 443 of these server IP addresses, as these addresses are publicly known. You would have to run a private, personal DoH server to be able to really hide it.