What's new

dns over tls

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Both. Their DoT servers were about 3 ms slower than the non-DoT version. I remember comparing them a few months ago and the difference was about 40 ms. Like I said, things change all the time.
It seems that stubby is really much faster vs DoT.

Btw, what is your router and firmware ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

They're not really comparable because they're performing different functions. Personally, I haven't tried Unbound as I have no interest in it.
Ok.
But the setup I have is unbound. So maybe because of that, the latency is slower

@jim trudel what is your router and what firmware, features, and scripts are you running?

Ok.
But the setup I have is unbound. So maybe because of that, the latency is slower

Unbound cannot reuse outgoing tcp connections for DoT. Is your setup using DoT servers as forward-zones in unbound.conf, or are you forwarding to stubby on the router via Unbound?

@jim trudel you may be asking in the wrong forums for your specific router/firmware? :)

Not really is not about firmware and router.
I was asking about best dns to use for DoT
Maybe @dave14305 could comment on that. But I thought that using Unbound as a forwarder to DoT servers negated the reason for using Unbound in the first place. (Like I said, I don't use Unbound so my knowledge of it is limited)