What's new

Dnscrypt from opendns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@finite9

- config files will work as long as you are at version 1.8.0 or newer (definitely recommend a newer version)
- BlockIPV6 requires a plugin (a separately compiled program). The version you are using was compiled without plugin support.
- AFAIK, all the Cisco dnscrypt servers are logging servers (the are marked as such in the resolvers csv)

I'm on version 1.9.1 and starting the proxy with a config file does not work:
Code:
dnscrypt-proxy /path/to/dnscrypt-proxy.conf
Code:
[ERROR] Support for plugins hasn't been compiled in

Im using the default conf file from github and ive modified the resolver only

Localcache On was the culprit, and that's why I was getting the error. But now I figured out that although you can refer to a conf file when starting the proxy, like this:

Code:
ENABLED=yes
PROCS=dnscrypt-proxy
#ARGS="/jffs/configs/dnscrypt-proxy.conf"
PREARGS=""
DESC=

If you have the domain blacklisting, BlockIPv6, or Localcache options enabled then it generates an error about plugin support not being enabled.

Who builds the dnscrypt-proxy for use with merlin/Entware? I wonder if it would be possible to compile with plugin support enabled (assuming ldns lib is available). That would give me the blacklisting option so I could skip family shield.

If I have NTP Daemon for Asuswrt Merlin installed do I still need to install fake hwclock?

Thanks.

If I have NTP Daemon for Asuswrt Merlin installed do I still need to install fake hwclock?

Thanks.

Yes - better to have it.

If I run all DNS queries via strict mode through my always on VPN, is there any advantage to running Dnscrypt?

almost 2 years from the last reply, but anyway. I have the same question - I'm using DNS addresses from my VPN provider. does it make any sense to use dnscrypt?