What's new

DNSCrypt is reborn!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi @WaVeR, out of curiosity: any particular reason why you keep using the 'old' version of dnscrypt-proxy? Dnscrypt-proxy v2 (allthough still in beta) works like a charm and it's actually not that much of a resource hungry process. It's using around 3.6 Mb currently on my RT-AC68U, it's stable and it's fast. You might consider looking at the installer @bigeyes0x0 wrote, which can be found in this post: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-dnscrypt-installer-for-asuswrt.36071/page-19#post-375531 It'll save you some future hassle as it doesn't depend on other packages and development is evolving quickly. Beta 12 is in the making: https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy

Hello M@rco,

Because it's stated that's not compatible with my router.
Anyway a few things notable here:
- No support for MIPS (RT-AC66U before B1) and ARMv8 (e.g. the RT-AC86U 88U...) devices at the moment. If you're someone with these router, please PM me.
- Swap support is added
- Support multiple DNS servers through single dnscrypt-proxy v2 process
- Small changes here and there but nothing major

Is it compatible right now? And yeah, I was using the old version since years and just updating the installed packages.

Hello M@rco,

Because it's stated that's not compatible with my router.

Is it compatible right now? And yeah, I was using the old version since years and just updating the installed packages.
yup, MIPSEL support added around beta 10...

Thanks to all of you, I'll give a try to dnscrypt2 and thanks for your note ryzhov_al

Thanks to all of you, I'll give a try to dnscrypt2 and thanks for your note ryzhov_al
I installed the dnscryptV2 beta 12 using the installer script. dnscrypt doesn't seems to start after a reboot. I reinstalled the old version until I debug this part.