What's new

DNSCrypt-Proxy version 2 and STUBBY add-ons for R7800/R9000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, I should have updated this thread. I was able to fix the issue. All I needed to do was run:
  • /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 enable
Afterwards, DNSCrypt-Proxy ran perfectly fine after every reboot. I must have done something that was essentially the equivalent of:
  • /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 disable
At any rate, I have since reset my router to factory defaults as I'm pretty much finished playing around with DNSCrypt-Proxy. It's now working the way I want it to, and I wanted to stabilize/refresh my router. I know just enough to be dangerous :oops:

Last edited:
Thank you for your effort and sharing your experience!

I have implemented the control of DNS encryption in my upcoming version of the kamoj add-on.
It will be possible to select DNSCrypt V1, DNSCrypt V2 or Stubby in the GUI.
Also added handling of blacklists for DNSCrypt V2 from the GUI (MVPS and Mybase).

Not sure when I have time to release it though,
and I really think it would be better implemented in Voxel's firmware :).
(Done some work on the OpenVPN Client as well, that should also go into Voxel's code base.)

news add-on gui.jpg

@Voxel @kamoj
I have opened an "issue" (https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/issues/802) in hopes a Wiki page could eventually be created for DNSCrypt-Proxy running Voxel's firmware on Netgear routers.
Since you two are really the experts in this area I was hoping you might comment on what I've provided... especially since what I provided is really your guys' work :p

Please release this update @kamoj as I struggle with the ad blocking set up each reboot... Having it controllable from your add-on would be a life saver!

Last edited:
@kamoj

Tried and failed to get the MVPs add blocking working, it kills my internet connection completely when I try, and gives me a dnscrypt error about being not running but enabled... The error log says it cant find the blacklist

@kamoj

I also tried your GitHub version using mybase method but I can't get that working either... I get lost in the crontab section and get a syntax error.

All this command line stuff is too much for average Joe (or average Tom in my case lol)

I uninstalled my dnscrypt and now I can't re-install it bc, I can't download those packages. wget links doesn't work @Voxel

I uninstalled my dnscrypt and now I can't re-install it bc, I can't download those packages. wget links doesn't work @Voxel
This thread is obsolete because DNSCrypt-Proxy 2 and Stubby are already the parts of my firmware.

So to restore your broken DNSCyrypt your should either do reset to factory settings (e.g. making backup of your current config and making backup of your changes such as OVPN config; restore after reset). Or just try newest 2.0.29:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-72sf.59894/page-3#post-523379

Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!