What's new

dnsmasq settings lost

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yelo3

Regular Contributor
Hello, I modified dnsmasq.conf.add to give different IP addresses 192.168.2.x on my guest network, so the subnet is different.
I also created a nat-start script to give wl0.1 192.168.1.1 address.

The settings works after a reboot, but I noticed that when I change some wirlesess property (such as channel, SSID, WPA key) and the router applies the settings, my custommizations in nat-start and dnsmasq.conf.add are lost, so guest network gives 192.168.1.x addresses.

Any help? Maybe the script that gives wl0.1 the new address should be placed in other location too? But in the documentation does not say anything like wlan-start or similar

Any of the .postconf files that exist in that scripts location will be run. So in your case create the dnsmasq.postconf

The easiest way in that file is to use the helper syntax described in the example to replace, add lines etc or if you're a unix guru you can use SED to directly manipulate the content as you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the first problem is that wl0.1 loses its custom IP address, and goes back to the bridge

I'll have to defer to Rmerlin on that one (or someone more knowledgable on the conf files) as to which one you have to place that in. Should be the same principle, just a question of which file/script.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!