What's new

Does anyone have a working AiMesh with 45+ devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kanchan Ray

Occasional Visitor
I have 25 devices in 2.4GHz (20 of these are IoT smart plugs etc.), 10 in 5GHz and 10 on wired network. Probably < 10 devices roam - rest all are fixed in their places. I have had no luck with AiMesh so far. Here is all I have tried:
- AC68U X 2 - wired backhaul
- AC68U X 2 - wireless backhaul
- GT-AC5300 main + AC68U node - wired backhaul
- GT-AC5300 main + AC68U node - wireless backhaul.
In all these the mesh just hangs every other day or so and I have to reboot the node (or the main router). For a while I just worked with the AC5300 but it does give a lot of blind spots - so I need 2 routers.
Now I have some limited success with the AC5300 main + AC68U node where I have shifted 20 of the 2.4GHz devices into a guest network and that's NOT in the AiMesh - hence the node now carries a max of 9 devices.. I want to upgrade the AC68U to a triband AC5300 or AX92U - but before doing that - wanted some feedback - has anyone been successful to run a similar 45 device network on AiMesh with AC5300 X 2 or a AC5300+AX92U??
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated before I spend more money on these routers. And I am on all stock firmwares.
Many thanks,

I have 25 devices in 2.4GHz (20 of these are IoT smart plugs etc.), 10 in 5GHz and 10 on wired network. Probably < 10 devices roam - rest all are fixed in their places. I have had no luck with AiMesh so far. Here is all I have tried:
In all these the mesh just hangs every other day or so and I have to reboot the node (or the main router). For a while I just worked with the AC5300 but it does give a lot of blind spots - so I need 2 routers.
Now I have some limited success with the AC5300 main + AC68U node where I have shifted 20 of the 2.4GHz devices into a guest network and that's NOT in the AiMesh - hence the node now carries a max of 9 devices.. I want to upgrade the AC68U to a triband AC5300 or AX92U - but before doing that - wanted some feedback - has anyone been successful to run a similar 45 device network on AiMesh with AC5300 X 2 or a AC5300+AX92U??
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated before I spend more money on these routers. And I am on all stock firmwares.
Many thanks,

Commission a 2xRT-AC68U wireless AiMesh according to my install notes. Only add the few wireless clients you need for now and see how that performs for a few days.

If it "hangs", figure out exactly what that means.

OE

Many thanks,
Not exactly the same hardware, but a little bit about my journey into Aimesh for the first time, lots of help from OE, L&LD, and others, got me up and running to this day:

I have a mesh of AX92u's. There is 100+ devices on the network. It does work really well, but if you want all of the benefits a mesh provides, you absolutely must use 3.0.0.4.384_9177 firmware and run everything in default settings. Any deviation will present problems.

I posted a thread here to get it working. However, this is specific to the AX92u.

I have a mesh of AX92u's. There is 100+ devices on the network. It does work really well, but if you want all of the benefits a mesh provides, you absolutely must use 3.0.0.4.384_9177 firmware and run everything in default settings. Any deviation will present problems.

I posted a thread here to get it working. However, this is specific to the AX92u.
This is helpful. I am a bit tired of experiments - will probably go with your kind of a setup - may be 2 AC5300s will do the trick. Thanks,