What's new

Does ASUSWRT-Merlin's XT12 firmware support ET12?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey silly question but can Entware be loaded and ran from a separate NAS since the ET12/XT12 don't have USB ports? And even sillier, since I can no longer return my ET12, what if I soldered my own USB port to the board?

Remote entware theoretically is possible, but highly not recommended. Something I’m sure AMTM & Merlin does not support.

It’s more than just installing entware it’s a factor of cpu type, and amount of ram available. ET12 doesn’t have the necessary requirements for RMerlin to support and of the routers he supports only a few each generation as it’s likely a lot of upkeep to build each version.

Short answer no. I’d recommend getting a router that supports Merlin or using the ET12 as an access point and run the advanced routing OS software like OPNsense or PFsense on a dedicated server or mini pc. That way you can run any third party software you want on potentially a stronger machine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!