What's new

Does Radio Strength output Adjusting in any Asus WiFi Routers really work?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Peppz

Occasional Visitor
I want to be able to adjust it but someone told me it really does not work? Does it work on your Asus like the AC1700 or any other model? Thank you.

Depending on firmware. On old firmwares >4 years ago for RT-AC68U you could set it very well.
Today I would say no.
On my 86U you could even change it, but didnt do anything, only the slider moves with no functionality or change in wifi. This might have changed with recent firmwares again.

Last edited:
I just came here to ask if changing it on the router also changes it on an AiMesh node.. sounds like it doesn't matter. Why is the setting still there?

It can be used to lower the radio so it does not transmit as far for security reasons (ie people in small apartments). Some like it for health reasons like if the wifi-router is next to you when you work it can be lowered. Still waiting to find out if anyone has tested with success on their Asus unit?

Just checked on my AC66U B1 and it seems to work. I set the 5Ghz radio to the lowest setting, power saving, and the signal at my tablet went down by about 15 db or so.

Nice to hear they made it functional again, but not sure if this is true for all models and regions.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!