What's new

Does the Asus AC-RT5300 support ECN Capability ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

raion969

Hey guys

Does the Asus AC-RT5300 support ECN Capability ? and if yes how can i enable it ?

Should i enable it for gaming and also are there any other settings tweaks that i can adjust for low latency and best connection without paket loss ?

If yes how can i enable it?

So it supports it by default?

It seems you type:
Code:
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
and see if you get a 0, 1, or 2

From there it seems you would have to change a value of 0 or 2 to a 1 for incoming and outgoing
I'm not sure how to do that

This post seems to have an example: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rtn66u-ecn-capability.41627/#post-352298
Code:
# Enable ECN for incoming and outgoing connections (default is 2, incoming only)
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

I don't know if that change is permanent across reboots or it would need to go into a config file.

If it needs to be put in a config maybe someone can tell us which one would be best!!

Er, yeah. They're the links I posted in #3 and #5.
Er, yeah...

I was laying it out... And there is still the question about retention across reboots and if no retention then can it go in a script??? And if so which script??

Last edited:
Er, yeah...

I was laying it out... And there is still the question about retention across reboots and if no retention then can it go in a script??? And if so which script??
Needs to go in a script to survive across reboots.... init-start is a good choice.
IIRC both ends of the connection have to support it and when I experimented with it long ago, I didn't see any benenfits so just left it as the default.

Needs to go in a script to survive across reboots.... init-start is a good choice.
IIRC both ends of the connection have to support it and when I experimented with it long ago, I didn't see any benenfits so just left it as the default.
And that is a coherent answer!!

ok thanks, i just let it enabled now :D what do you think i can also do for getting the best out of my router /connection ?

leave it alone? Other than installing all the usual scripts via amtm

I recently got back to reinstall network adapter in windows. I heard later that ecn capability with fq_codel helps with network latency so does the network adapter also support the ecn fuction?
I have an intel network adapter.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!