What's new

Does the AX86u not support ethernetbackhaul with merlin firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

in the gui there is a setting for preferred connection type to ethernet. does it make a difference? you plugging it into wan port on the node?

Yes im setting it to ethernet, i tried both 1g and 2.5g and yes im plugging it into the wan port of the node. However even with various restarts it still sticks to wireless?

It just wont switch no matter what i do. The cable itself is completely fine.

Update it worked then stopped and went back to 5ghz???

It just wont switch no matter what i do. The cable itself is completely fine.

Update it worked then stopped and went back to 5ghz???

you going straight from lan port of router? using latest official firmware on both routers? you are able to pick the band on your router? interesting. On the routers i've used I could only set wireless or ethernet and it always used 5g only. I usually set it up as wireless first then plug in.

Working for me with Beta 2.

Working for me with Beta 2.

oh I see 2.5g lan connection. I was thinking 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. doh! so according to that thread you linked, on the last post, there is a bug that will show it as disconnected even though it actually isn't?

oh I see 2.5g lan connection. I was thinking 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. doh! so according to that thread you linked, on the last post, there is a bug that will show it as disconnected even though it actually isn't?
Wait so its just a bug?

UGH i just removed merlin and went stock... now ima just wait for a full merlin firmware release before going back

Wait so its just a bug?

UGH i just removed merlin and went stock... now ima just wait for a full merlin firmware release before going back

thats what i'm doing do for my ax58u. I tried the alpha and had some bugs and there seems to be enough people testing we prolly aren't needed lol.

Yes, that connection shows broken (the visual), but the actual connection is established. Even if the red '!' icon tells us otherwise. :)

This has been running stable for me since Beta 1 and continues to work with the visual quirks in Beta 2.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!