What's new

Does upgrading my router make any different?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

azkaban3000

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm currently using a Tmobile AC1900 flashed into AC-68u for 5 years now and planning to upgrade to a TUF AX4200 and use the old ones as an airmesh node.
  • My house is about 60m2 with many floors, but I normaly using the first 2 floors so wifi range wont be an issue.
  • I'm using 1Gbps plan
  • Only 4,5 active devices. Mainly from my PC, and PS5 and a living room TV.
  • AC68u running a merlin wrt without any script, just sometimes using a VPN for my PS5.
Does upgrading to an AX router makes any different from AC ones in terms of speed, latency and consistency? I'm playing FIFA overnights with my friends, my ping is kinda inconsistent so my main purpose of upgrading is for that. Ping is kinda weird in this game, sometimes I have low ping but still have a huge delay. And in my country they sometimes reduce the oversea bandwidth due to political reasons, that when I have to use VPN for my PS5.

Thanks in advance.

I'm currently using a Tmobile AC1900 flashed into AC-68u for 5 years now and planning to upgrade to a TUF AX4200 and use the old ones as an airmesh node.

Likely yes...

aimesh and the TM devices - even though they've been "migrated" - your mileage may vary using them as AIMesh Nodes - but you might not even have to go there...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!