What's new

DoH / DoT support?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

primitivo

Sorry if it has been asked but I am lately not up to date with Asus firmware features. Is there a native DoH / DoT support on ASUSWRT official firmware or flashing Merlin is required?

DoT is available in the current beta release.

DoT is available in the current beta release.

Interesting, thanks. On your FW still no Wireguard, is the right? Once it comes and if DoT comes to DNS Filter it will be very interesting.

I wonder if it is possible to use DoT with Wireguard client config?

Actually, DoT is in most of the current Asus factory firmwares. Look under WAN/DNS Privacy Protocol.

Actually, DoT is in most of the current Asus factory firmwares. Look under WAN/DNS Privacy Protocol.
Thanks. I can't look at it right now as I have AC86U in AP mode, where WAN/DNS options are not present.

So you can use custom DoT URL, right?

Also is it possible to enforce using router's DoT with Wireguard VPN client?

So you can use custom DoT URL, right?

Also is it possible to enforce using router's DoT with Wireguard VPN client?
Custon DoT URL - Yes

Wireguard is not in Asus firmware yet. DoT use would be moot with VPN client use.

Custon DoT URL - Yes

Wireguard is not in Asus firmware yet. DoT use would be moot with VPN client use.
Thanks. I thought Wireguard is there already on Beta releases for AX routers?

In my experience with running Wireguard on R9000, the config DNS is completely ignored by the router, so it falls back to router DNS. I think someone was writing something similar here on beta firmware with Wireguard support. See this thread and my response.

Actually I don't mind this behaviour (whether intended or not), because I use Wireguard with DoT profiles from ControlD.com on R9000. I was rather seeking for some more confirmation whether using WG client on Asus router would indeed fall back to DoT DNS or if not, whether DoT could be enforced using WG client.

Confirming DoT available and working on AC86U and AC68U variants with latest stock Asuswrt.