What's new

amtm dos2unix: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Part of the Furniture
1682388664712.png

dos2unix: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can someone enlighten me on this error?

@thelonelycoder

View attachment 49631

dos2unix: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It looks like you have 2 versions of the dos2unix command:
- The Entware version: /opt/bin/dos2unix
- The native, built-in version: /usr/bin/dos2unix

Try the following command to verify:
Bash:
/opt/bin/dos2unix --help
Either AMTM or one of the scripts being run by AMTM is likely calling the Entware version of dos2unix because the PATH environment variable has the Entware paths (i.e. "/opt/sbin:/opt/bin") listed *before* the built-in paths.

When the Entware version is executed, it cannot load the dynamic library "libgcc_s.so.1" which should be available since it's a standard library used during compilation and it's shared by many other executables as well.

For now, I'd suggest you uninstall the Entware version until the root cause of the problem is found and fixed.
Bash:
opkg remove dos2unix

My 2 cents.

Hah! I was just reinstalling various Entware packages including dos2unix today, and right after, AMTM started barking that error mssg.

Please don't make me adding more hard links to the routers binaries or again add the PATH variable to my scripts.
Thanks
This is an Entware problem and not the fault of amtm or Diversion script coding ;)

I like your no-nonsense, right to the point responses!
I barely clicked the submit button and the notification lighted up right away. Thanks for the appreciaction.

Please don't make me adding more hard links to the routers binaries or again add the PATH variable to my scripts.
Thanks
This is an Entware problem and not the fault of amtm or Diversion script coding ;)

Lol I saw your post and reviewed your script to confirm you still had the hard links in the post-mount script, and sure enough you do. It is definitely not a amtm code issue, I was inquiring to determine what might have been the source of the problem. I hunted the issue down by following the dependencies of the dos2unix binary. It turns out the binary itself is incomplete and not properly linked to the dependency. I just uninstalled it because I have no need for it since the router has it natively build in.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!