What's new

DoT usage problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wordlesswind

Occasional Visitor
Hello guys,

I encountered a problem when using DoT: I cannot use a DoT, but the others are working fine.
IP: 101.6.6.6
Port: 8853
Host: 101.6.6.6
I have no problems when using kdig to test, but I cannot use it in R7000 (Firmware 384.19 by Xwrt-Vortex, CEF 1.3.0.7).
kdig -p 8853 +dnssec +tls-ca +tls-host=101.6.6.6 www.cloudflare.com @101.6.6.6
;; TLS session (TLS1.2)-(ECDHE-SECP256R1)-(RSA-SHA256)-(AES-256-GCM)
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY; status: NOERROR; id: 442
;; Flags: qr rd ra ad; QUERY: 1; ANSWER: 3; AUTHORITY: 0; ADDITIONAL: 1

;; EDNS PSEUDOSECTION:
;; Version: 0; flags: do; UDP size: 4096 B; ext-rcode: NOERROR

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;; www.cloudflare.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.cloudflare.com. 300 IN A 104.16.123.96
www.cloudflare.com. 300 IN A 104.16.124.96
www.cloudflare.com. 300 IN RRSIG A 13 3 300 20201130074129 20201128054129 34505 www.cloudflare.com. sVwSyLLAL0J4Gk0jLn4gGzV4M/fVhwM1wXV30ZKjzj6nCZFaheqznbbguFI4epLJLOCWOWGs1CX03n8wvQ94Dw==

;; Received 193 B
;; Time 2020-11-29 14:41:29 CST
;; From 101.6.6.6@8853(TCP) in 286.1 ms
I don't know how to test in Router, can someone help me?
I know I should go to Xwrt-Vortex for help, but I think this should not be a problem with third-party content.
And I can use Google and Cloudflare's DoT services normally, but this one does not work.

This DoT does not have a domain, it only uses IP addresses and IP certificates.
Its DoH: https://101.6.6.6:8443/dns-query

Thank you!

Hello guys,

I encountered a problem when using DoT: I cannot use a DoT, but the others are working fine.

I have no problems when using kdig to test, but I cannot use it in R7000 (Firmware 384.19 by Xwrt-Vortex, CEF 1.3.0.7).

I don't know how to test in Router, can someone help me?
I know I should go to Xwrt-Vortex for help, but I think this should not be a problem with third-party content.
And I can use Google and Cloudflare's DoT services normally, but this one does not work.

This DoT does not have a domain, it only uses IP addresses and IP certificates.
Its DoH: https://101.6.6.6:8443/dns-query

Thank you!
Don`t know about your router and firmware.. Suggest a Netgear firmware for your router, Running a asuswrt firmware on your router is not legal i think.
And looks like you are trying to use a DoH (DNS over HTTPS) server on a DoT (DNS over TLS) setup, It will not work (different DNS protocols).

Last edited:
Don`t know about your router and firmware.. Suggest a Netgear firmware for your router, Running a asuswrt firmware on your router is not legal i think.
And looks like you are trying to use a DoH (DNS over HTTPS) server on a DoT (DNS over TLS) setup, It will not work (different DNS protocols).
I just said that it also provides DoH, not that I am trying to use DoH on DoT :)

I just said that it also provides DoH, not that I am trying to use DoH on DoT :)
id suggest buying an asus router if you would like to use the merlin fimware, otherwise reflash back to netgear stock i also suggest that you read that notice posted about the firmware your running being illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.