What's new

Download manager (transmission-daemon) too many transmission daemon open?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fonzy35

New Around Here
I can't download torrent anymore.
My Asus is the RT AC-1900P (rt ac68U)
Operation Mode:Access Point(AP) mode Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_32799

i got this error in the asus log:
"
May 5 02:52:28 transmission-daemon[29602]: Couldn't bind port 51413 on ::: Address already in use (Is another copy of Transmission already running?) (net.c:380)
May 5 02:52:28 transmission-daemon[29602]: UDP Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304, got 245760 (tr-udp.c:84)
May 5 02:52:28 transmission-daemon[29602]: UDP Failed to set send buffer: requested 1048576, got 245760 (tr-udp.c:95)"

I telenet in the asus router to see if multiple transmission and i get this:
"
ps -w | grep transmission
admin@RT-AC1900P:/tmp/home/root# ps -w | grep transmission
27124 admin 1544 R grep transmission
29602 admin 4772 S N ./dm2_transmission-daemon -w /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/Complete -g /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/config -
29605 admin 4772 S N ./dm2_transmission-daemon -w /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/Complete -g /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/config -
29606 admin 4772 S N ./dm2_transmission-daemon -w /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/Complete -g /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/config -
29607 admin 4772 S N ./dm2_transmission-daemon -w /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/Complete -g /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/config -
29812 admin 4772 S N ./dm2_transmission-daemon -w /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/Complete -g /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/Download2/config -
admin@RT-AC1900P:/tmp/home/root#"

if i understand that a little bit, looks like i got 5 transmission-daemon open

How to kill the extra transmission or fix it?
I try different usb drive and reformat fat32, reset asus the to default, change torrent port.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tia

Maybe, i thought that was multiple transmission-daemon working in same time that was giving me that error message
"Couldn't bind port 51413 on ::: Address already in use (Is another copy of Transmission already running?) (net.c:380)"

only my first assumption without any knowledge, but you can easily verify if you got a download from 5 peersor have 5 downloads running now.
Needs others to tell you whether this can be faulty or not.

For me it seems such questions often are never answered because DM is buggy and discussions here mostly short and without any solution.

thanks for answering, i only got one torrent in the DM,
It look like dm keep some setting in the asus router, even if i restore the router, format the us drive,
When i reinstall the dm, same thing happen 5-6 daemon started.
It should be gone from any setting on the router after a restore..

it must be it:
"it seems such questions often are never answered because DM is buggy and discussions here mostly short and without any solution"

i will keep looking :)

Interesting:
On my RT-AC68U with 1 open torrent I got it once and on RT-AC86U with 3 open torrents (one finished) I got 4 lines.

Maybe this helps your findings.

well i figure it out, it looks like it's normal to have 5-6 lines of the transmission daemon..
My router was on ap setting and everything was connecting to the internet except the Download manager..
I was messing with the setting router to ap, and i forgot to put it back to router yesterday.I put it back to router tonight, and everything is fine now

@Grisu , thanks for the help, very appreciated

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!