What's new

changed AC68U to AX86U Pro, same guest network setting but all devices gone?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Heronimos

Occasional Visitor
I have swapped my AC68U (eol) to a AX86U Pro.

Copied the settings and most of it work. Nice!

But I had a guestnetwork 2.4 band and on that mostly shelly (https://www.shelly.com/en) and some tasmota devices.
And just as in the AC68U the are in my manual DHCP list.

But they are gone. They connect to the network (a assume because the network of the plug disappears and the led says connect) but can't find them anywhere.
If I activate Yazfi, the IP range changes, but it say's "no client connected".

Where to I start? I do want to use my shelly stuff (and tasmota).

Copied the settings and most of it work.
Copied as in manually entered the settings into the RT-AX86U Pro? Or you exported a CFG file from the RT-AC68U and imported that CFG file into the RT-AX86U Pro?

If the latter, that's a no-no. One generally should not export a router CFG file from one router and import it into a different model router. If this is what you did, do a hard factory reset and do a manual configuration of the settings without importing a router CFG file.

That means copy by hand. 1 laptop on router 1 left, 1 laptop on the other router right and manual typing in what is on GUI of he old router on the new router. (You get warned often enough on the forum not to use old backup's after upgrade of diffferent model :cool: )

So no backup of settings restored by file.
Only file that was used was a .cvs to load the manual DHCP list with YazDHCP

After a night 1 plug has found its way..... Strange this.

Last edited:
What firmware are you running on the RT-AX86U Pro?
Are you using any sort of AiMesh setup?

If you haven't done so already, do a forum search for Shelly. Seems some are having issues with those WiFi devices.

It may help others if you post your WiFi settings in readable screen captures with sensitive information redacted so people can take a look at your settings to see if anything is misconfigured.

You have mentioned the addon scripts YazFi and YazDHCP. Do you have any other addon scripts installed and running?

As a troubleshooting step. If you do a hard factory reset, and basic initial configuration (without any of the extensive setting changes you may have had on the previous router), do the WiFi devices exhibit the same issue or problem?

- 388.6.2 is the firmware (will update over a week or 2.. See if no bug's pop up)
- No AiMesh (not yet)

I'm not going for a full reset (Yet) because setting up is a royal pain because of IPTV config with KPN. It works now. But leave it for now.
Maybe if I have a day or 2 time, with the girlfriend gone I can try something. But no TV and girlfriend home? Nah..

Yes did a search. And see the trouble with AX routers.
I'm going to reset all my shelly's and give them a static IP. Also with the Tasmota devices. See if that helps. (tip on the forum)
One by one they are coming online :eek:Just takes a long time. (Will see if static IP is going to help, but that will take some time).

Funny thing was the Shelly on the edge of WiFi range (with this new router, the old one had a strong network there) where the first to com e online.

Other scripts are AMTM, Entware and BackupMon. For the rest nothing.

I thought the guestnetwork was not using the general setting of the wireless router, looks I'm wrong.

router1.jpg

And the guestnetwork

router2.jpg

Yazfi disabled for that guestnetwork

Router3.jpg

There's one thing you haven't copied. The AC router didn't have wifi 6, so you could try disabling 802.11ax/Wifi6 in the 2.4GHz wireless settings. There's even a notice at the side of that setting about "If compatibility issue occurs.....".

Make sure you reduce the IP range in DHCP Server before you assign static IP's to your IoT clients.
And set the 2.4 GHz bandwidth to 20 MHz. Might be best to set that to channel 1, 6 or 11 (maybe 13?) as well.

You have Smart Connect enabled in the Wireless > General section. If you continue to have issues, may want to disable the Smart Connect setting and break out each of the main WiFi bands into their own SSID's.

There's one thing you haven't copied. The AC router didn't have wifi 6, so you could try disabling 802.11ax/Wifi6 in the 2.4GHz wireless settings. There's even a notice at the side of that setting about "If compatibility issue occurs.....".
That wright. Wanna give it a try. Now with fixed IP it seems to work.

But they are gone. They connect to the network (a assume because the network of the plug disappears and the led says connect) but can't find them anywhere.
Tasmotas (ESP8622) have got problems in connecting at "wlan n". After a some time they disconnect and can only reconnect after e restart of wlan. To solve this problem:

Go into the webui of the tasmotas and only let them connect via "wlan g".

WEBUI -> Tools -> Console

Command: "wifi 3" (without "")

More commands look here:

After switching my tasmotas to wlan b/g they stay connected.

My settings for tasmotas:
24_gen_ohne.png
24_prof.JPG

I´ve got DHCP reservations for each of them. Working with YAZDHCP.

Last edited: