What's new

Download Master - via vpn only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rayne

New Around Here
Hi Guys,

I've searched the forum and I have not found a definitive solution to this, I've read suggestions being made by using selective routing and typing ip ranges whoever this hasn't worked.

Does anyone know if you can setup Download Master to only route through vpn? I'm using PIA vpn and the only way I can route traffic through it would be if I select route all traffic through openvpn.

If possible, can you please let me know how this can be achieved?

I have an AC5300 using Merlins latest build.

Really would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks.

You can't, especially not with torrents that can use any random port when communicating with other clients.

Thanks Peraburek for the links, it's an interesting read.

Merlin, would you happen to know if in anyway I could use selective routing and place the router ip address in the list so that it routes through Download Manager.

I've tried adding it but it just doesn't work, I'm thinking I'm missing something because it works with every device but not with Download Manager's ip address which is the router ip....

I know this question has been asked a few times but I don't think anyone really got to the bottom of this in terms of it being possible or not.

Guys thanks for your feedback so far. I know this will help a lot of people as this question has been asked far back as 2011..

Having a policy rule with the router's IP as source might work, however you might need to restart Download Master.

Hi Merlin,

I've just tried that, I've set the policy rule placing the routers ip to go through the VPN. Once done, I rebooted the router.

Still no luck I'm afraid, just doesn't work :-S

I'm guessing it just can't be done on its own..

There's very little benefit to doing torrents over VPN, and it might get you kicked from the provider - check their terms of service.

Hi Guys,

I've searched the forum and I have not found a definitive solution to this, I've read suggestions being made by using selective routing and typing ip ranges whoever this hasn't worked.

Does anyone know if you can setup Download Master to only route through vpn? I'm using PIA vpn and the only way I can route traffic through it would be if I select route all traffic through openvpn.

If possible, can you please let me know how this can be achieved?

I have an AC5300 using Merlins latest build.

Really would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks.

Found this thread the other night and it seems to work just fine. http://www.snbforums.com/threads/transmission-for-asuswrt-merlin.31278/page-2

Kill switch also works :)

Sheelvr! I actually gave up on this idea of routing through the vpn client. Really appreciate all the effort you guys have shown.

Everyone thank you for all your support. You guys are awesome!

Sheelvr! I actually gave up on this idea of routing through the vpn client. Really appreciate all the effort you guys have shown.

Everyone thank you for all your support. You guys are awesome!

Here is more of a step-by-step method for transmission if your interested in it.. here

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!