What's new

downloads recorded as uploads for any devices using the openvpn client?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ewokuk

Regular Contributor
On an AC86u with 384.4_2 but this also used to happen on my AC68u with older firmwares and is nothing new.

Just wondering if I can fix it somehow as I have several devices set to use openvpn and on all of them it shows all downloads as "upload" figures in the traffic analyser and on the adaptive QoS screen, making it extremely difficult to determine what my actual bandwidth use really is and has been. The second I take them off the vpn, they revert to downloads being downloads again.

On an AC86u with 384.4_2 but this also used to happen on my AC68u with older firmwares and is nothing new.

Just wondering if I can fix it somehow as I have several devices set to use openvpn and on all of them it shows all downloads as "upload" figures in the traffic analyser and on the adaptive QoS screen, making it extremely difficult to determine what my actual bandwidth use really is and has been. The second I take them off the vpn, they revert to downloads being downloads again.
This is a closed source issue meaning @RMerlin has no control over it. Asus is aware of the problem and has been for a long time.