What's new

DS1511+ Not Booting Up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

narb77

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

On occasion when I shutdown my NAS through the DSM and then start it again later using the button on the front it wont fully boot up properly. The Power button and LAN light just flash. This would also happen on occasion when NAS would start by itself in power schedual. Cant access DSM or find my NAS on the network. All I can do is hold the power button to force off. Then restart again. It usually starts up again first time, but I am a little worried there may be an issue with my machine. Its still under warranty so I would like to catch any issues now.

Was also wondering if it is ok to shutdown machine by just holding down power button or if it should always be done through the DSM.

Thanks, any help would be great.

I had the same with my DS209+II and I contacted Synology support who recommended an RMA as it was still under warranty

I then received a new 209+II

Make a backup of your data as soon as you can, because mine eventually stopped working completely

No havent posted the problem on the synology forum yet. Will do that now. Also have a new issue with the DSM not giving me administration rights. Only have acces the File browser and Station programs. no control panel or any other access

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!