What's new

DS220+ blocked ip question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ian

New Around Here
My home network used 10.10.10.1 range but last night I received a blocked IP alert from my NAS saying 10 login in attempts over 5 minutes from IP 192.3.111.145.

Any idea what’s going on?

A couple of summers ago I received lots of similar warnings, one every 2 minutes, approximately, but it was from public IP's, from lots of different countries. All of them using users 'guest' or 'admin'.
Disable these users if you haven't done it yet.
I ended up paying for a VPN supplier to avoid it. Since then, I have had no more attemps like these.
Regards.

Glad to know you got it sorted, I will change my login name but as I’m on a home network I didn’t think a 192.xxx could access my network but I’m not that IT savvy

Make sure you disable UPnP on your router. Synology DS opens ports in the router which can be a security issue. May make it harder for you to access the NAS from the internet but it is more secure.

Thanks for the tip, I will make sure this is off and change the user names

Glad to know you got it sorted, I will change my login name but as I’m on a home network I didn’t think a 192.xxx could access my network but I’m not that IT savvy

IP 192.3.111.145 is a public IP, not private...

Reactions: Ian

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!