What's new

DSL-AC68U New Firmware 3.0.0.4.386.37589

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

r0bbieNZ

Occasional Visitor
YAY - love a new firmware

Version 3.0.0.4.386.375892020/05/1941.91 MBytes

ASUS DSL-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.37589 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)
Security Fixes and Improvement:
- Fixed httpd Command Injection.
- Enhanced brute-force protection for ssh and telnet.
- Fixed CVE-2019-15126 (Kr00k) vulnerability.

New:
- Added AiMesh Web Page.

DSL:
- Updated ATM/PTM ISP List.
- Updated DSL firmware to v1.0.5.1.
- Updated DMT library to V5.6.36.0.
- Added Italy ISP Vodafone to ATM auto detection list.
- Disabled bitswap while manual setting area is Turkey.
- Fixed possible wrong ATM detection in QIS.
- Fixed setting IPTV profile not work in QIS.

Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed and enhanced AiMesh related issues.
- Fixed mac repeat bug and app client list compatibility.
- Fixed sometimes failed to feedback.
- Removed key/cert in exported ovpn file if configure "user auth. only" on OpenVPN server advanced settings.
- Reduced time of client status from connected to disconnect on OpenVPN server page.
- Fixed Let's Encrypt can't be enabled by IE.
- Fixed wrong Authentication Failed error of OpenVPN client, which is actually network connectivity issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN client sometimes fail to connect in topology subnet case.
- Enhanced Roaming assistant by MAC filter based probe response.
- Enhanced networkmap with vendor class query.
- Added two new Adaptive QoS modes, Learn-From-Home and Work-From-Home.
- Added 5 new app icons of Bandwidth Monitor.
- Fixed OpenVPN client not support compress lz4-v2 option.
- Fixed OpenVPN client not support tls-crypt option.
- Fixed OpenVPN client not handle some routing rules from server correctly.
- Fixed the Samba config of the RE node.
- Added download certificate function on system page.
- Added self-signed certificate with SAN (V3) for importing into browser.
- Updated dnsmasq to 2.81.
- Fixed support for USB disks with a single quote in their model name.
- Fixed live update issues.
- Updated Feedback Problem Description and string tags.
- Updated openssl to 1.1.1g.
- Fixed httpd access issue.

Ive experienced a major problem upgrading to this firmware on a DSL-AC68U (unit only 3 months old from purchase). My ethernet ports dont work after upgrading! Wifi still works, but not anything plugged into the RJ45 ports.

After the reboot from the update, I get about 4-8 pings response on ethernet connected devices and then everything goes to "Request timed out" and remains that way.

I downgraded firmware (everything worked again) and re-performed the upgrade (ethernet doesnt work).

I have 3 x separate devices plugged into ethernet (windows, linux and android) and all 3 suffered the same issue.

I could find nothing in the logs stating why this was happening. My config file was new at time of build (3 months ago). Re-applying the config file doesnt work, but resetting the box back to factory on the upgraded firmware does work. Ive tried disabling all the features like AIProtection etc... nothing seemed to work.

Im not sure whats causing it and dont really want to have to go rebuild my config file at this moment. Maybe if someone else has upgraded is able to test if their RJ45 ports are working??

I had the same experience after the upgrade. After downgrade all was working smoothly again.

My setup is DSL-AC68U with Ethernetbackhaul to RT-AC66U B1 and a Lyra Mini Node via WiFi (aimesh). All nodes have latest firmware. I have several devices plugged into the different Ethernet ports and I am using the USB with a Hard Drive as well.
The Lyra Mini stayed operational without issues after the update but the AC66U lost connection (and my computer is connected by ethernet to the AC66U). The reboot of the AC66U give my computer momentary internet but dropped it. The computer did receive an IP address but. I could enter the config page of the AC68U via my laptop and the strange part was that it did see the AC66U on the new aimesh page.
I have also a HUE Hub directly connected to the AC68U and that gave also issues after the upgrade (it did seem to work momentarily).
Initially I had the impression that it was an issue with the AiMesh setup. All actions with the AC66U node seem to interfere with the AC68U. So I did a reset of my AiMesh nodes and re-joined them to the network but to no vain.

But I it seems that you do not have AiMesh configured so I can scrap that idea.

As well as you I was not in the mood to do a factory reset and rebuild my config from scratch.

So in short Ethernet seem to be the issue.

Glad to know its not just me! I have a ticket in with ASUS, but not heard anything back as yet.

My config is pretty plain/vanilla. I use
- DHCP and have maybe 15 device across wifi/ethernet (as mentioned WiFi is ok).
- A guest network setup.
- Share a USB drive via Samba.
- Have an inbound OpenVPN server setup
- Have some URL filters setup
- Use asus DDNS and a certificate.
- All advanced features turned off (AI Protection, Traffic Analyzer, AI cloud sync etc)
- LAN/Ethernet settings are vanilla/factory

And as mentioned, this is a 3 month old unit, that had a brand new/fresh config built on it.... So there shouldnt be anything funky/strange in the config. The firmware was updated once from the factory supplied version to I think something from March 2020 (which is no longer available on the Asus website for download), and then it was upgraded to the May 2020 build, where it all went wrong.

The firmware updates were performed in the routers interface by it checking for updates and downloading the update... so I cant have selected/installed the incorrect one.

I really think its a bug in the firmware, rather than some setting we have changed/incorrectly set.

*ahem* just in case you read the email you get, rather than the post on the website.... I changed "so I cant have selected/installed the correct one." to "so I cant have selected/installed the INcorrect one."

surely Asus can put more effort into their testing

have a new two week old DSL-AC86 Same Issue also, originally did dirty upgrade saw issue tried then clean upgrade was same, tried two resets no different all had the same issue's ethernet ports not working and after several minutes there was no throughput on download yet upload was fine.

Reverted to December 2019 firmware and all works again.

Checked on the ASUS site and firmware still listed no changes.

Hi All, just adding to some of the comments above with my recent experience.
Upgraded to the firmware manually through the UI using the website download (Annex A+B version).
Update worked, but connection kept dropping out every 10mins. (I have FTTN).
I tired to access the UI after the update, but it it got stuck just after login
Contacted ASUS via phone support. They recommenced a hard reset.
I did this and then re-configured the settings. Initially it was working fine, but after about 10min it cut out. The device would restart and work for another 10min and cut out again.
I contacted ASUS phone support again and i was advised to roll back to previous version.
I did this and now working again.

I told ASUS to remove the firmware from the website, but they said they couldn't do that.

Registered an account just to chip in here as I have the exact same issue! Thanks to OP for raising visibility on this as I thought I was losing my mind!!!

It seems that yesterday night, my DSL-AC68U pulled back its "386 firmware" automatically, and now has the latest 384 one !
I'd updated it last Monday and there was no sign of the ethernet issue mentioned in this topic.

I'm very glad to have found this forum and will check here before applying firmware updates in future!

I also suffered with this upgrade blocking the Ethernet ports. I am based in the UK and found it really difficult to report this to ASUS. I reported it using the contact form on the web site and after several days received a response telling me to perform a factory reset, despite having explained in my report that I had done this and that it restored the functionality of the ports only until the point where I applied the DSL and WiFi credentials, at which point the Ethernet ports stopped working again. I replied to their email, pointing out that I had already told them a factory reset didn't work. I then received an email telling me to send the unit for repair! This despite having explained I had achieved the same results on two routers, and both worked perfectly again after reverting to the previous firmware. It wasn't until I telephoned and registered a formal complaint about the way my report was being handled that somebody emailed me from support asking for further details. 12 hours later I received a second email from support asking for exactly the same information yet again. Does anybody have a way of reporting these problems without ten wasted days passing between first reporting the problem and somebody in ASUS technical support actually receiving the information? It might have saved a lot of heartache for a lot of people had second line support received the information when I and others first reported it.

It seems that yesterday night, my DSL-AC68U pulled back its "386 firmware" automatically, and now has the latest 384 one !
I'd updated it last Monday and there was no sign of the ethernet issue mentioned in this topic.
Yeah, mine was working fine too but reverted automatically overnight. Thought I was going mad at first!