What's new

DSL AC68U - Portforward Settings removed and can't add

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rmm2018

New Around Here
Gday All

So for some reason my DSL68U lost its portfowarding table. Not sure if it was after the latest update (3.0.0.4.384_21128) (i assume so, but I just noticed it). All I get now is "No data in table."

What's worse is now I can't add any new ports. I have tried over and over again. It says applying, but then come back to the screen showing nothing added.

Things I have tried;
  • Reboot
  • Different Browsers
  • Different Ports
  • Selecting the LocalIP from list rather than manual.

I ssh'd into the router to see if I could manually add the iptables, or find the settings file that is used to generate the iptables, but no luck.

Any help really appreciated

Ok so managed to fix it. I thought I would post just in case this helps someone else. Essentially my nvram was full. I assume that after the update (with the AIMESHstuff) a whole bunch of new settings were added, and pushed it to the limit. For whatever reason the port forward list was the sacrificial settings.

So first thing I did was SSH into the router.

Then ran;

nvram show

At the bottom of the list it showed size: xxx bytes (10 bytes left)
So i scrolled through the list of settings.
for me the fb_comment had a huge wall of text (a feedback comment i had sent years ago) (if you want to check yours just type nvram get fb_comment)
So then I set it to nothing via

nvram set fb_comment=""

then committed it via

nvram commit

Logged onto website. Added Port forward settings. Eureka!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!