What's new

Dual Band wireless backhaul AIMESH settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ShawnTRD

Regular Contributor
Added a AX82U to my AX86U. I was still seeing some problems so today I reset everything and update the firmware on both. Still using ASUS firmware. Just wondering what setting I should adjust from the default? My 82 is within good range to of the 86 and has great 5GHz connection. Should I lock and the settings like channel or bandwidth? What other setting?

What kind of problems are you seeing? Do both devices have the latest firmware?

Are the routers too close to each other? Are your devices right smack in between the 2 routers?

What kind of problems are you seeing? Do both devices have the latest firmware?

Are the routers too close to each other? Are your devices right smack in between the 2 routers?
Ummm did you read my post?

"I reset everything and update the firmware on both"
"My 82 is within good range to of the 86 and has great 5GHz connection"

I was seeing dropped connection. It would reconnect right way but don't like it.

My bad, I didn't see the firmware part. If the routers are too close to each other, it might degrade the connection speed. If your devices are right smack in between, it might also degrade the connection speed. I guessed you meant connection speed problems since you omitted the problem.

It could be 5GHz channel selection. On the AX82U canadian version I set up, it only had channels 36-64, and 149-161. The canadian AX86U/S I set up had access to more channels. I say canadian since the list of available channels might differ in other countries. It might be possible that the AX86U changed to a channel that the AX82U doesn't have and backtracked when it realized its mistake. I doubt it's DFS-caused since it would reconnect right away.

To check which channels you have access to on each device, you can look at the wireless log. However, you won't be able to access the wireless log on your AX82U while it is an aimesh node.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!