What's new

Dual wan ASUS 68U and ASUS 55U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Henrikbirkdk

New Around Here
Hi all,

I have looked throughout this forum and attempted the various solutions provided - without luck.

I have a 68U and a 4G 55U. My one ISP is providing a mediocre ADSL connection, so I have also bought a 4G subscription. What I am aiming to do is use the ADSL as long as it can handle the demand and the fast 4G to beef up the connection - or alternatively route some connections (to ones with high data consumption) through the ADSL and the ones with need for speed through the 4G. I can however not establish dual wan at all.

I have enabled DUAL WAN on the 68U. Primary WAN is the WAN ADSL connection through the WAN port and Secondary is LAN 1 coming from the 55u's WAN port using standard Ethernet cable. I have enables load balancing. Unfortunately this does not give me any connection on the secondary WAN. Both routers produce internet individually but not together through the 68u. The secondary WAN says there is an issue with my ISP DHCP. If I move the cable to 55U's LAN port (which is producing Internet) it says there is an IP conflict on the 68u.

Am I completely off here (this is the setup proposed by ASUS support).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Henrik

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!