What's new

Dual WAN Failover Script ***v1.6.0 Released***

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all!

In general, we can say that this functionality works very poorly for Asus. Sometimes it’s reliable, sometimes it’s disgusting.

1. At one time I had a WAN (IPOE) + USB GSM Modem configuration - it worked so-so.
2. Then I found an almost 99% working configuration of WAN (IPOE) + LAN4 (STATIC IP) - it worked perfectly almost 99% of the time, although for such purposes I had to use the old DIR300 (Oleg's firmware) in Router mode by connecting a USB modem to it.

3. About six months ago, I connected a second provider in WAN mode (PPPoE) for 1 Gbit, and transferred the previous IPOE provider to LAN4........ and in almost 50% of cases, ASus chose Secondary LAN4 as my main Internet, at the same time, the WAN connection with the provider via PPPoE was successful.
For some reason, the Failover mechanism did not work back in case of successful verification of Internet access on the WAN (PPPoE).

The solution was to use the Dual WAN Failover Script...At the moment, a month has passed and I can say that the solution with script is very reliable and correct in operation.

Thanks to the developer for the solution!

View attachment 56066

Thank you for the feedback, the current thread for Dual WAN Failover is located here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/dual-wan-failover-v2-release.83674/

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!