What's new

Dual WAN Failover ***v2 Release***

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have an ax86u on latest merlin firmware running Dual WAN failover. My 1G port fails over to my 2.5G port no problem. No other addons. So thank you.

I am interested in restricting access to the internet during failover to a subset of IPs and I'm not sure how to accomplish this. One kink perhaps is that I'm leveraging the vlans created by the router and the ip range I'd like to allow access is on the 501 vlan (192.168.101.0/24) while the 'main' network and most devices are on vlan 1 (192.168.50.0/24).

I tried doing something like this in my ssh session on router (read: not in startup script):
iptables -I OUTPUT 1 -s 192.168.50.0/24 -o eth5 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD 1 -s 192.168.50.0/24 -o eth5 -j DROP

The idea was to only allow traffic from the 192.168.101.0/24 network through the 2.5G port, but that did not seem have any effect.

Any thoughts on how to approach this?

I have an ax86u on latest merlin firmware running Dual WAN failover. My 1G port fails over to my 2.5G port no problem. No other addons. So thank you.

I am interested in restricting access to the internet during failover to a subset of IPs and I'm not sure how to accomplish this. One kink perhaps is that I'm leveraging the vlans created by the router and the ip range I'd like to allow access is on the 501 vlan (192.168.101.0/24) while the 'main' network and most devices are on vlan 1 (192.168.50.0/24).

I tried doing something like this in my ssh session on router (read: not in startup script):

The idea was to only allow traffic from the 192.168.101.0/24 network through the 2.5G port, but that did not seem have any effect.

Any thoughts on how to approach this?
You would create ip rules to block the traffic, not ip table rules.

I tried to create separate thread inquiring about this but it was removed I guess because it is similar to my previous post. I'm not sure why iptable rules wouldn't work nor how to go about creating ip rules.

Thanks for your work, after i installed in ssh amtm it said status: failover disabled, my main connection is fiber 100/1000 whit PPPOE the second wan is Cisco 881 4g whit sim card behind CGNAT of the cellular provider, why in the dual wan main menu says status: failover disabled after I enabled via asus webui?

Thanks for your work, after i installed in ssh amtm it said status: failover disabled, my main connection is fiber 100/1000 whit PPPOE the second wan is Cisco 881 4g whit sim card behind CGNAT of the cellular provider, why in the dual wan main menu says status: failover disabled after I enabled via asus webui?
I’d recommend opening up an issue on GitHub for this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!