What's new

Dual WAN Failover ***v2 Release***

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How to switch from beta to release?

View attachment 56362
Allow it to the update for the failed checksum as you see, it is doing that because it sees your version as the same as the official release but the checksums don't match so let it update and it will give you the release version.

Allow it to the update for the failed checksum as you see, it is doing that because it sees your version as the same as the official release but the checksums don't match so let it update and it will give you the release version.
1707591876779.png

1707591929257.png

The process running in the background will use the new version, restart wan-failover menu within your console and it will load the new version.

I did a restart.
Moreover, reinstallation seems to restart the process?

In fact, everything became OK after restarting the router.
Thank you!

Hi all!
Yesterday I encountered a situation where my DNS servers in my region went down and name resolution did not work, while IP routing worked successfully.
Since DualWAN uses IP monitoring, my router was unable to switch to the second provider.
Is it possible to implement a DNS Query Name monitoring mechanism in the next version?

I was not at home and my family could not use the Internet until I arrived and resolved the situation.

As far as I know, the standard Asus Dual WAN mechanism had the ability to check the availability of a host using DNS NAME.

Thank you!
1708069595005.png

1708069253225.png

1708068959516.png

Last edited:
Hi all!
Yesterday I encountered a situation where my DNS servers in my region went down and name resolution did not work, while IP routing worked successfully.
Since DualWAN uses IP monitoring, my router was unable to switch to the second provider.
Is it possible to implement a DNS Query Name monitoring mechanism in the next version?

I was not at home and my family could not use the Internet until I arrived and resolved the situation.

As far as I know, the standard Asus Dual WAN mechanism had the ability to check the availability of a host using DNS NAME.

Thank you!
For any feature requests or support issues please submit an issue with the GitHub repo, thank you.

Make sure you collect debug logs, there are a lot of factors at play including features and scripts you are using. For example I have seen firewall service restart not finish everything because of something in the firewall-start script that was not allowing the script to complete, this is just one example I have seen.
I'm home from my travels and will start to look into this a little more. Firstly I thought it was best to start from a known state so I have fully reset and re-installed 388.6 and then ONLY YazDHCP, email settings and your script. I can now start some better testing, but I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help with:

I would like to be able to swap between my internet services for testing purposes (eg to run manual pings) and had assumed your switchwan option would allow me to do this, however when I use it I see the connection failover to my secondary and them immediately fail-back to my primary. Is there a way to make it sticky so that I switch over to the secondary until I switch it back manually (or if the router is rebooted)?

Additionally I want to access my secondary router GUI while running on primary. My secondary is a Zyxel 5G router which runs in pass-thru or bridge mode. My Asus router is assigned a public IP address from the connection, but somehow I can access it's GUI via 192.168.1.1 when it's in service. Even if I run it in router mode the Asus is assigned an address in 192.168.2.0 but the Zyxel still presents it's GUI on 192.168.1.1 - would you expect your feature to to configure WAN1 Web GUI address to work as I can't access the Zyxel console with it set unless I am running on my secondary WAN. I get address unreachable errors.

Last edited:
Just installed this after getting T-Mobile 5g gateway, and all looks setup and that you for the great tool. Is there a way to setup a web gui to monitor everything other the logging in through ssh?

Just installed this after getting T-Mobile 5g gateway, and all looks setup and that you for the great tool. Is there a way to setup a web gui to monitor everything other the logging in through ssh?
Not at this time there is not a Web GUI interface.

Hello here,

I am getting this error in my logs, after installing wan failover V2:

It repeats itself constantly:

Mar 1 15:46:36 miniupnpd[2938]: Failed to add NAT-PMP 41641 udp->192.168.50.85:41641 'NAT-PMP 41641 udp'
Mar 1 15:46:38 miniupnpd[2938]: PCP MAP: failed to add mapping UDP 41641->192.168.50.85:41641 'PCP MAP 6ab5a48015ba883ba4c24d94'

I am using wan failover in balance mode...

Any insight?

Hello here,

I am getting this error in my logs, after installing wan failover V2:

It repeats itself constantly:

Mar 1 15:46:36 miniupnpd[2938]: Failed to add NAT-PMP 41641 udp->192.168.50.85:41641 'NAT-PMP 41641 udp'
Mar 1 15:46:38 miniupnpd[2938]: PCP MAP: failed to add mapping UDP 41641->192.168.50.85:41641 'PCP MAP 6ab5a48015ba883ba4c24d94'

I am using wan failover in balance mode...

Any insight?
These are errors specific to the miniupnpd service, I would need debug logs from WAN Failover specifically to be able to help diagnose.

***v2.1.0 Release***
Enhancements:
- Added WAN0 and WAN1 Web GUI configuration options to create routes for the device portals for each WAN interface.

what exactly does it do? what's the purpose of it?

I have eth0 for primary and ppp1 for secondary, I was testing 14 switchwan and it seems not to work, each traffic goes thru primary

Did you read the first post?

I hadn't realized someone had decided to take it upon themselves to improve upon Asus' version (it has been that long since I looked).
don't think I can use my 5G iphone as a WAN failover (or aggregate source) over USB yet, though...unless there's an apple adapter for the Lightning to ethernet...hmmm....

Is there anyway to keep Dual WAN Load-balancing & keep using QOS?
You’d have to tweak each of the WAN QoS settings to match/cooperate, I’d expect.

Is there anyway to keep Dual WAN Load-balancing & keep using QOS?
No it won't work properly even if you get the service to run, same with AIProtection and other Trend Micro services.

Good afternoon !
Very often the switch back to the main provider does not occur.
Started after updating to 3004.388.6_2

I reinstalled the plugin, but it didn't help.

1711692534610.png
1711692626351.png
1711692743227.png
1711692959560.png
1711693039957.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!