What's new

Dual WAN with Android 12 (USB tethering)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've been trying a Pixel 4a with no success using the stock dual wan fail over functionality. Looking to try again with @Ranger802004's script this weekend. Hopefully I will have better results to share. ;)
Well I'm waiting for some preliminary results for this beta to validate 4G USB devices as secondary still. :)

Well I'm waiting for some preliminary results for this beta to validate 4G USB devices as secondary still. :)
Some logs should be coming your way pretty soon! ;)

Great, I also have a Pixel4a. I'm looking forward for your experience, even though I believe here the issue is that the phone doesn't get detected at all, and in fact @m33ts4k0z said he tested the script with no success.
I had it running on stock load balancing mode, but didn't function as expected... but it worked, and was detected.

I had it running on stock load balancing mode, but didn't function as expected... but it worked, and was detected.
With stock I'm assuming you mean the original Asus firmware. Does it work correctly when Android tethering (Pixel4a) is used as the only connection?

With stock I'm assuming you mean the original Asus firmware. Does it work correctly when Android tethering (Pixel4a) is used as the only connection?
No sorry, I mean using the standard functionality available through the Merlin firmware, which I'm considering to probably come close to what stock Asus firmware would give you. I have not tried using it as the primary wan, and quite frankly, not sure if that's even possible.

It's a simpler use case/setup, so it should be possible. In the past some routers were sold specifically for this use case (share a 3g/4g connection).
I don't disagree. Definitely worth checking into when I get near my router again here soon! ;)

I don't disagree. Definitely worth checking into when I get near my router again here soon! ;)
You just reassign primary WAN as the USB device in the Dual WAN menu