What's new

Easy RSA build keys and create certificates (OpenVPN, RT N66U, Windows)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ruasonid

Regular Contributor
I've just installed Merlin on my RT N66U and would like to set up one as an OpenVPN server with another at a remote site as a client to connect site to site (domestic use). I've downloaded Easy RSA and tried to follow instructions on the OpenVPN How To (Setting up your own Certificate Authority (CA) and generating certificates and keys for an OpenVPN server and multiple clients).

I downloaded OpenVPN 2.3.8 and EasyRSA 3.0.0 RC1 (Windows). OpenVPN is installed and I put EasyRSA in a folder on the C:\ drive.

The initial problems I'm having are when I try to run init-config, clean-all, and build-ca. The commands are not recognized and I cannot find the files (which I presume are batch files). I attempted this once before last year but cannot recall how I work through it. I'm missing something here, any pointers to what it is appreciated!

The commands are not recognized and I cannot find the files (which I presume are batch files). I attempted this once before last year but cannot recall how I work through it. I'm missing something here, any pointers to what it is appreciated
I needed to do this for pixelserv-tls. Maybe it's the same for OpenVPN certs?
Code:
mkdir -p /opt/local
cd /opt/local
curl -L -O https://github.com/OpenVPN/easy-rsa/releases/download/3.0.1/EasyRSA-3.0.1.tgz
tar xzvf EasyRSA-3.0.1.tgz

Thanks for your reply. That looks like Unix, nothing so different to what I did for Windows (included in path) which makes me wonder something is missing from the Windows downloader/package. I cannot see the init-config.bat, clean-all-bat, or build-ca.bat files. So there must be something missing. Question is, which package/release do I need (I have Windows 8 64 or Windows 7 64 machines)?