What's new

Edimax WAP1750 & CAP1200 Pro APs review

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What is not clear is if the 5GHz Mac addresses need to be added also. In reality, the software should be able to work them out. But, if these Mac addresses are part of 11v and the IE data pages (whatever they're called) only list the MACs you type in - then that means only 2.4G intelligent roaming.
Be aware you are dealing with a n00b here and I can only explain the best way I know how. When I was running the NMS from the AP, I had to put in the MAC addresses of the APs of the managed group in manually, and there documentation tells you NOTHING about this, it was all trial-and-error for me, and for the APC500, it was automatically populated. As for the MAC addresses for 2.4/5GHz, I only use 5GHz for roaming as that is all I need, I only have a printer right now on 2.4GHz and just to lazy to finish pulling and terminating the cable. Another interesting thing (APC500) is that for the smart roaming, it populated the MAC addresses automatically as I said (managed group), but it uses the 2.4GHz MAC addresses, and not the 5GHz MAC addresses, weird, but it does work. The setup seems to work and work well, just some little quibbles of my own would like to see better implemented, like more granularity of power output for example, better documentation, etc. but overall I like it.

What kind of roam time do you get?
I wish I could answer that but I do not know or even know how to test it, sorry.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!