1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Edimax WAP1750 & CAP1200 Pro APs review

Discussion in 'Wireless Article Discussions' started by digitalfreak, Apr 3, 2015.

1. desperado836

desperado836 Occasional Visitor

Be aware you are dealing with a n00b here and I can only explain the best way I know how. When I was running the NMS from the AP, I had to put in the MAC addresses of the APs of the managed group in manually, and there documentation tells you NOTHING about this, it was all trial-and-error for me, and for the APC500, it was automatically populated. As for the MAC addresses for 2.4/5GHz, I only use 5GHz for roaming as that is all I need, I only have a printer right now on 2.4GHz and just to lazy to finish pulling and terminating the cable. Another interesting thing (APC500) is that for the smart roaming, it populated the MAC addresses automatically as I said (managed group), but it uses the 2.4GHz MAC addresses, and not the 5GHz MAC addresses, weird, but it does work. The setup seems to work and work well, just some little quibbles of my own would like to see better implemented, like more granularity of power output for example, better documentation, etc. but overall I like it.

I wish I could answer that but I do not know or even know how to test it, sorry.