What's new

Eero pro 6 vs Asus xt8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johntitor

Occasional Visitor
Looking for wireless mesh options. Xt8 vs eero pro 6? Tribands a must. Got a eero pro 6 from work to try out it's through put could be better

Head ax11000 and et8 might be a decent combo? Testing 3x eero pro 6 btw wireless back haul. 1 per floor 3 floors over 2500-3000sqft

what would people say is the best fully wireless mesh system these days? Keep hearing eero hasn't been the greatest since wifi 6. my testing of the pro 6 has shown speeds to be unstable. Gotten gigabit speeds in one spot then it was 200-500 other times. The nodes are anywhere between 700mbps to kbps. Usually 100mbps but so random

You've got a deal on ISP speed upgrade and now it's going to cost you $1k chasing the speed. This is a classic scenario. It was your choice. The end result will be better speed test and no change in user experience or behavior. Web browsing and streaming above 150-200Mbps is all the same.

You've got a deal on ISP speed upgrade and now it's going to cost you $1k chasing the speed. This is a classic scenario. It was your choice. The end result will be better speed test and no change in user experience or behavior. Web browsing and streaming above 150-200Mbps is all the same.
lol been on it for a while at gigabit speeds, but with 2.5 being the next upgrade and my old eero starting to fail, been trying to find something.

Get out of the consumer market and invest your $1k in something better. Research UniFi and Omada options, think about Ethernet with PoE.

Problem is ethernet and wiring the house up for it is becoming a bit difficult. My project this holiday season is to make an attempt at it

If the attempt is successful (I'm sure you'll find a way) the tri-band routers are overpaying for features you don't need.

wonder if the GS-AX5400 is any good. as for wiring i'm gonna try going through return air ducts. just finding the one drop i need is being annoying

oh that would be cool to hear from @Smokey613
Disclaimer.... TLDR: AiMesh sucks there are better solutions available..... :)

I realize this is an old thread but yes, I have tried several different Asus solutions over the past year.

Here are my various solutions I tried:

2 - RT-AC1900P in wired Mesh

2 - RT-AC86U in wired Mesh - This actually works pretty good.... well for AiMesh anyway

2 - CT8 in wireless mesh as at the time there was no support for wired backhaul

2 - XD4 in wireless AiMesh

2 - XT8 in wireless and wired mesh

1 - RTAX86U and an RT-AX86S in wired and wireless mesh

1 - GT-AX6000 alone and also using an RT-AX86U as a wired node

Among all of those Asus units I have also played with the following setups:

2 - eero Pro with a Firewalla Blue Plus in simple mode

Firewalla Purple with 2 eero Pro in wired Bridge mode

Then I got a second ISP connection for Dual WAN failover use:

NOTE- I tried the following using the using the excellent @Ranger802004 Dual WAN script:

RT-AC86U, RT-AX86U and GT-AX6000 in Dual WAN Failover but was never completely satisfied

I then went to other Dual WAN routers for testing:

TP-Link ER7206 with 2 eero Pro in wired and wireless backhaul

TP-Link ER7206 with 2 eero Pro 6 in wired and wireless backhaul

Firewalla Gold Dual WAN with 2 eero Pro in wired and wireless backhaul

Firewalla Gold Dual WAN with 2 eero Pro 6 in wired and wireless backhaul

TP-Link ER605 v1 with 2 eero Pro in wired and wireless backhaul

TP-Link ER605 v2 with 2 eero Pro in wired and wireless backhaul

My current and hopefully final solution is as follows:

See my Signature :)

Last edited: