What's new

eero Pro Gen 2 thoughts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sm00thpapa

Very Senior Member
Anyone else running the eero Pro Gen 2 system? Ever since I went to it 3 months ago there is no way I can go back to a single router. 3 months of reliable full speed 200Mbps makes for a happy family. All 3 routers cover my front yard and garage, upstairs and downstairs, back yard patio and pool area. This system has been a blessing.

Anyone else running the eero Pro Gen 2 system? Ever since I went to it 3 months ago there is no way I can go back to a single router. 3 months of reliable full speed 200Mbps makes for a happy family. All 3 routers cover my front yard and garage, upstairs and downstairs, back yard patio and pool area. This system has been a blessing.

I had an Orbi RBR50 with two RBS50 satellites from March until about 2 weeks ago. The Orbi was fantastic until July of this year when Netgear totally lost control of the firmware. The Orbi basically became unusable. 6-8 times an hour a subset or all of my 90+ clients would disconnect and the router or a satellite would completely reboot.

Two or three weeks ago I sold the Orbi after a couple days with my 2nd gen Eero Pro system (I have the 3 2nd gen eeros + 1 beacon). It is, completely flawless and my fingbox shows virtually no client disconnects.

The speed is outstanding to my wireless clients (I have 300/20 cable) and I could not be happier.

I had an Orbi RBR50 with two RBS50 satellites from March until about 2 weeks ago. The Orbi was fantastic until July of this year when Netgear totally lost control of the firmware. The Orbi basically became unusable. 6-8 times an hour a subset or all of my 90+ clients would disconnect and the router or a satellite would completely reboot.

Two or three weeks ago I sold the Orbi after a couple days with my 2nd gen Eero Pro system (I have the 3 2nd gen eeros + 1 beacon). It is, completely flawless and my fingbox shows virtually no client disconnects.

The speed is outstanding to my wireless clients (I have 300/20 cable) and I could not be happier.

That's awesome dude. I also replaced my Orbi system with the eero system and couldn't be happier.

I have the Eero pro pack running but was unable to get it to work with the other network stuff I have (Sophos XG or OPNsense, Cujo etc...) so the only way it works for me is in bridge mode. My only complaint about the units is that I do see the occasional disconnect (mostly on android clients) when roaming between units. Happens less than other units I've had (with the exception of Plume) but not a major issue.