What's new

Skynet "Elvis has left the building ... "

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really sad to hear that our southern star is no longer shining on the forum. I hope he changes his mind, though I agree that the decision to close six months old threads is too taxing on third party developers.

IMO there should have been a solution with official addons and fork threads being exempted from that rule, which is in no way worth losing contributors like Adam. I missed that thread else I'd have chimed in, not that it would have made any difference by the look of things.

As I know Adam cares for his users, I'm sure he will continue doing some Skynet development for the foreseeable future even if he's away from snb.

amtm just fed me a 7.2.3 update to skynet.

I have a 500/30 line and the low end nuc couldn't handle the throughput. I created a hyperv vm with lots of cores assigned to it and it did ok but don't really want to run it as a vm. Never got around to trying an i5 or i7 nuc though.

hmm and that was without suricata or anything? well dam i might have to get at least an i5.

hmm and that was without suricata or anything? well dam i might have to get at least an i5.
No, sorry, i should have clarified, that was with pfsense w/suricata IPS enabled. I don't see the need to use a pfsense box without IPS. My Asus router can handle that fine as it is right now.

Last edited:
GitHub reads like hieroglyphics to me.

A 'tad nasty' is an understatement. :)

Well, I am a baby and don't know when to have skynet on, so I cry a lot.

You guys need to “git” with the program. ;-)

Glad I saw this thread; did not know the back-story. It makes me sad, I have always had excellent interactions with Adamm, and I never feel comfortable without Skynet between me and the Intarwebs. :/

Hopefully it'll all work out. Very happy to note both of my routers already had 7.2.3 today! :D

Full disclosure, I sent a private message to @thiggins and @RMerlin after a month away offering a very reasonable compromise that would suit all sides (despite being still heavily against said changes in the first place). The simple request was to archive all old posts from the Skynet thread to a new "Archive" thread so the original thread could continue to be used and the hundreds of places where it is linked over the internet and users bookmarks would still be relevant.

Unfortunately @thiggins out of what can only be described as pure stubbornness refused such a simple solution that would only benefit end users. Personally I believe his actions and handling of the situation to be quite childish but ultimately this is the situation he has forced us into rather then doing what's best for the community.

Full disclosure, I sent a private message to @thiggins and @RMerlin after a month away offering a very reasonable compromise that would suit all sides (despite being still heavily against said changes in the first place). The simple request was to archive all old posts from the Skynet thread to a new "Archive" thread so the original thread could continue to be used and the hundreds of places where it is linked over the internet and users bookmarks would still be relevant.

Unfortunately @thiggins out of what can only be described as pure stubbornness refused such a simple solution that would only benefit end users. Personally I believe his actions and handling of the situation to be quite childish but ultimately this is the situation he has forced us into rather then doing what's best for the community.
No surprize on the owners decision. If granted to you, I would request immediately the same for my threads and others would probably would want their old threads back too. I admit that lately, SNBForums has considerably lost its appeal to me. I still check in regularily but am more reluctant to participate.

No surprize on the owners decision. If granted to you, I would request immediately the same for my threads and others would probably would want their old threads back too. I admit that lately, SNBForums has considerably lost its appeal to me. I still check in regularily but am more reluctant to participate.
Plz do leave your footprint on your Diversion site for god sake in case to track on you.It's only way to follow you guys by doing this,how sad.

Yeah, I find the new setup with the multiple threads and the add-ons outside the main Merlin thread considerably less enticing. I used to spend an hour or more looking at all the threads, even those that were of no particular relevance to me.

Now my visits are strictly transactional: look for issues I raise and maybe if there new firmware. Otherwise I'm in and out.

Seems like a shortsighted choice by the managers of the forum to alienate a dedicated group of users. And to make the forum visits, dependent on advertising, less attractive to visitors.

@Adamm, I've bookmarked your landing page, and check in there periodically, though it's not as engaging as the single mega-thread was. If you set up shop elsewhere, let us know! (You may wish to create a new master Skynet thread that tells users that you're not actively participating in this forum too).

GitHub reads like hieroglyphics to me.

A 'tad nasty' is an understatement. :)

They should call it spaghettis hub. They need a style guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.