What's new

enable hidden admin gui page options??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoeyJoe

New Around Here
I have been poking around to try and reenable admin GUI items that get hidden when you select different setup configurations for how your router is going to be used. ie I am using my in bridge/repeater mode, and once you configure this alot of the admin gui options are removed from administration pages

Is there a master config file that I can vi edit to reenable those items to be viewable on the gui?

so far I have been review files located in the /www directory

Last edited:
The files in /www are read only - so no chance.

hmmm. going through some of them its noting a string "sw_mode", but so far no luck on where it obtains this value from. Dont mind playing around in there, if I break it i can just reload/reflash defaults.

Most settings are coded in to dissappear when they become obsolete for the setup. There is no "secret menu" and everything can be manually changed in the nvram. Not only this but the firmware is open source

sw_mode is an nvram setting, which determines in which mode the router is currently operating (router, AP, repeater, etc...).

The files in /www are read only - so no chance.

I believe you could copy the /www tree to a read/write file system, edit to suit, then bind-mount the new tree over the old one.