What's new

Enabling DHCP auth options 60 and 61 on Netgear Voxel Routers for Sky UK etc

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

a workaround could be done, even if you upgraded the FW (would need a customized Voxel build of course)
1. Configure your Internet Setup with PPPoE, have your Username and Password stored (need to press Apply)
2. Re-configure your Internet Setup as DHCP as it is supposed to be
3. Modify /etc/init.d/net-wan in setup_interface_dhcp() function with following changes

local u_wan_domain=$($CONFIG get wan_domain)
+local dhcp_opt61
+[ "x$($CONFIG get wan_pppoe_passwd)" != "x" ] && dhcp_opt61="-c \"$($CONFIG get wan_pppoe_username)|$($CONFIG get wan_pppoe_passwd)\""

udhcpc -b -i $WAN_IF -h $u_hostname -r $($CONFIG get wan_dhcp_ipaddr) -N $($CONFIG get wan_dhcp_oldip) $dhcp_opt61 ${u_wan_domain:+-d $u_wan_domain} &
else
udhcpc -b -i $WAN_IF -h $u_hostname -r $($CONFIG get wan_dhcp_ipaddr) -N $($CONFIG get wan_dhcp_oldip) $dhcp_opt61 ${u_wan_domain:+-d $u_wan_domain}

4. Save the changes and reboot, you should be able to configure/keep this configuration works for your DHCP option 60/61.

If Voxel can consider similar change and make it to his build, then those users could minimize the efforts to make, and keep, it work.

William

I have an add-on for this function.
But I can't test it.
Anyone interested in testing it?
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I will soon replace my R7000 with an R7800 and being with Sky I'd be very interested in understanding which way is the best to set up DHCP 60/61...

Tia.

Last edited:
I have it in my add-on.
Just need someone to test it, before I make a Beta-test-release.
Option_60_61.jpg

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I will soon replace my R7000 with an R7800 and being with Sky I'd be very interested in understanding which way is the best to set up DHCP 60/61...

Tia.

Meanwhile I'm trying to follow Voxel's instructions on how to gain SSH access (appendix A of his README file), and can you advise what I'm doing wrong as I'm stuck on point no. 7

ssh.JPG

Tia.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!