What's new

Enabling jumbo frames in broadcom NIC for gigabit UDP throughput

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

harsh2904

New Around Here
I am using a Dell Precision 6500 running Windows XP-sp2 to stream data to a FPGA board at a high data rate of 750 Mbps on a direct UDP link.
FPGA ethernet is capable of supporting the required throughput, but the bottleneck is on Laptop side. I am njot able to get more than 450 Mbps throughput.
I thought of enabling the jumbo frames in NIC to increase throughput, but can't find any option to do so in the NIC driver.
Can anyone please tell me how to enable jumbo frames in Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller?
Or is there any other way to increase the throughput.

Thanks,
-Harsh

generally, not every gbit nic supports jumbo frames.

if its not in the driver config options, then its very likely you simply can not enable it.

Try getting an updated driver. If that doesn't enable jumbo frames on the card or doesn't give you the option, then the above poster is correct that just because it's a gigabit card doesn't mean it supports jumbo frames.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!